Preconceived | Teen Ink

Preconceived

By WingsForLily PLATINUM, Columbia, Kentucky
WingsForLily PLATINUM, Columbia, Kentucky

Think of how boring the world would be if we were all normal

A funny fact, most people think, the solitude of the country is ruled by the, fat, white-trash, dirty, and drunk. They have this preconceived idea that people who live far and in between each other cannot function on a 'regular' level. So what, the people of this land talk slow and choose their words wisely? They have generations of wisdom passed down from their ancestors, wife tales, and fairy tales, all holding truths that can be followed and trusted today. The city folk and town people have this glorious idea that everyone is a Bible thumper, bare foot walker, overall wearing slob. We get drunk, knocked up, and high at every chance we get, we are stupid, uneducated and unaware of the happenings of today.

In reality, the south has produced some of our nation's finest leaders: Abraham Lincoln, Ulysses S. Grant, and Henry Ford, not to mention countless others. All of them graduated from top notch schools and universities. They were smart, educated and very aware of what was happening in the nation around them. I am sure they all made mistakes, they were human and it is what humans do best, but everyone slips, so have you. They thrived off of the land around them, the people that created a close knit community, no matter how far away they lived from each other. They spoke slow, with drawls, and thought carefully before they spoke. They prayed every day, but were never the Bible freaks that so many find the southerners to be.

Just because we have to make our own fun, and you can pay for it doesn't make us any different. We have fields, you have streets, we have barn, you have skating rings, we have ponds, you have pools, and we have feelings, so do you. So the next time you discriminate someone from the south, remember we all come from different walks of life, if you hate on me, I will still try to respect you.

JRaye PLATINUM said...
JRaye PLATINUM, Dorr, Michigan

"If you build your house far enough away from Trouble, then Trouble will never find you."

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and said, 'I just don't care.'?"

Well written!! It's incredably true, too, in general everybody has preconceived ideas when it comes to basically everything. Great job! :)