The White Girl | Teen Ink

The White Girl

April 4, 2015
By Savannah.W PLATINUM, Joliet, Montana
Savannah.W PLATINUM, Joliet, Montana
46 articles 41 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.


Yeah, that’s me. My skin is white, I like to where yoga pants, and I really do like to drink my flavored coffees. I suppose that makes me a ‘white girl’. I am not ashamed to be a white girl. It is the way I was born. My mom is white, my dad is white, and my little brother is white too. Together, we are a white family.

I go to school and I am mocked. I am mocked for the type of music I enjoy. I listen to Taylor Swift, and I am mocked for the clothes I wear. I find yoga pants to be quite comfortable. When I meet people for the first time all they see is a white girl. Often, people come up to me and insult me for being a white girl. It is acceptable to be hateful, because I am white. No one seems to find anything wrong with judging person because of the color of their skin. When I talk about people being raciest towards me they laugh, because I am white.

I turn on social media and I see how white girls are dumb. How we all like do the same thing. I see that we are all prejudice and cannot think for ourselves. I hear the white girl insults and I ask myself, should I feel less than, because of the color of my skin? Should I feel guilty, because of the sins of my ancestors? Should I be ashamed, because of the mistakes of others?

 

I am more than just the color of my skin. I am a person. I have hopes, goals and dreams. I have fears, and feelings. Sometimes, I get hurt and feel offended. I have opinions on politics and the world around me. I have thoughts on religion and our purpose in life. I am proud of who I am. I do not think that is wrong. Although I am a white girl, I am not a ‘white girl’.
 


The author's comments:

We should each be judged on the merrits of our own actions, not by stereotypes, the color of our skin, or the wrong doings of those around us. The purpose of this artical was not to offend anyone, but rather just to exspress my opinion.