Amnesty Boxes in College | Teen Ink

Amnesty Boxes in College

May 1, 2019
By rghamari BRONZE, Rancho Palos Verdes, California
rghamari BRONZE, Rancho Palos Verdes, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Great institutions to further one's education, colleges can have many big issues, drugs being one of them. Although amnesty boxes can be expensive to be widely implemented into most if not all facilities, it can be a great way for the student to get rid of unwanted contraband and illegal items without the worry of being caught by the authorities. These boxes are metallic and need to be durable enough so that it is difficult to break into.


Students in college may be afraid of the authorities when it comes to handling contraband, this may cause them to want to keep their illegal items even more. For most, the idea of just getting rid of it or throwing it away may come easy, but there are people who struggle with getting the help they need because of their addiction(college, no date). Students can have this choice made easier if they had a way to secretly get rid of contraband.


Without the involvement of the authorities, having an easy way for students to get rid of contraband they don't want can help students stay safer. Amnesty boxes do just that, it can be very easy and discrete for anyone who needs it. Not all people who use drugs are immediately addicted to it, but common consumption can lead to addiction(Acentus, 2018). With a way for people to easily get rid of their drugs, this can be lowered or even prevented.


The author's comments:

this is an article on how drugs can be controled and helped in colleges