Dear Drugs and Alcohol 2 | Teen Ink

Dear Drugs and Alcohol 2

December 4, 2009
By Darkstar6265 GOLD, Centennial, Colorado
Darkstar6265 GOLD, Centennial, Colorado
10 articles 0 photos 36 comments

Favorite Quote:
Everything you have will someday be gone. Even if you don’t miss it now, you probably will later. So take pictures and hide them in your memories so you can recall them later after everything that is becomes everything that was. OR I know you’re hurting, even if it’s just when you’re alone and thoughts seem to rush into your head and you can’t seem to keep them from coming in. But there can be beauty in pain; Even though sometimes it’s hard to see.


Dear Drugs and Alcohol,
You’ve taken another one of my friends away… the one that I thought you’d never get and now there is only one left. But I can’t help but wonder how long it will be until you’ll infect that person also. A week, a month, a year? As time goes on, I notice that you are even more present than you used to be. Even though others seem to insist that you’re going on the “down low” I see it as you becoming so common that they don’t see you there anymore. You’ve become part of the backdrop. I don’t see you ever going away, at least not in my lifetime. You’ve impacted too many people, made too many connections, and have become even more addictive than your predecessors. Not only is it “cool” to use you, it’s common, as well as a gateway to finding new friends, and experiencing new facets of life. You open doors to popularity and acceptance… hell you’ve even gotten the ones who try not to be like everyone else wrapped around your finger. You are the devil cloaked as an angel. You welcome us in and then you cut off our heads. It’s no wonder people can’t continually say no to you you’ve got to many people covering your back. It’s like saying a group of black ants can kill a human. It just can’t happen. However even if you do happen to succeed in winning over my friends, even the ones that are closest to me, I will not falter, I will not give in. You will stay my enemy and you will never win me over. I refuse to become one of your puppets, one of the many people that you control around the world. It may not be a fight that I can win, but I will die trying. I certainly promise you that.


Love, someone who doesn’t love you.

The author's comments:
Stay above the influence. Be a cut above the rest. There are other solutions to your problems.You don't need drugs, you're better then they can ever be.