Should drugs be made cheap and legal? | Teen Ink

Should drugs be made cheap and legal?

By HeadshotM SILVER, Melbourne, New York
HeadshotM SILVER, Melbourne, New York

Your failure is my success

All drugs should not be made legal and cheap because then getting our hands on them would be too easy. By ensuring that drugs are illegal guarantees a lower possibility of most of the population getting hooked onto drugs. As most people have already known that drugs ruin your life. By making drugs costly, most people are unlikely to go buying them. As they do cost a lot and within a few weeks most people can go broke.
A drug not only affects a person’s body but people’s life as well. They can become broke in a matter of weeks and when they try quitting their bodies will beg for the drug to be inhaled, injected, sniffed and smoked. In the end the side effects of this will soon begin to show like nausea, vomiting, headaches and lack of concentration as well. If drugs were made cheap, accessible and legal, many people would think heroine and all those other drugs are cheap and affordable. So it does not really matter because the drugs may not affect my bills. The truth though is that by making drugs expensive most people would think that this is over my affordable budget and just do not have the money for it. Not only that, but by making them illegal people would believe that going to jail just to taste some drugs isn’t worth the price. So in the end, the rich are the only ones who can afford the money. Usually among the rich who also have the brains would know that cigarettes are not healthy for you and would therefore not go wasting the money. Despite being able to pay their way out of jail, they believe that their precious gold is not worth being used to get them out of jail.
Drugs also affect a person in their daily and social lives as well. Most people think of the person as being a druggie and stay away from that person. Rumours can spread saying how bad the person may smell and how he hangs out with criminals in dark alleyways when that worker really does not. The only friends he has are the people who also take drugs with him. Marijuana for instance may make anyone lose concentration and receive headaches and may affect that person’s job by not concentrating on what the boss is saying and therefore not completing the job he ordered the worker to do properly. Affect on the worker’s job means not enough money earned and not enough money earned to pay for normal things as well as drugs means the house budget will soon go sky rocketing. The problem there is that the money does not go sky rocketing meaning the person will soon not be able to have a roof over their head. So in the end, drugs are the only thing that person can pay for. Though living on the streets will soon mean that he will not even be able to pay for the drugs, food and water as well. So in the end he can end up on the streets begging for money and food.
Through this you can see that drugs can affect just about anything. A person’s lives can be destroyed inside out. Drugs can affect a person’s friends, family and even the workplace. Therefore, drugs should be remained illegal and so for as long as possible.

All my ideas are dedicated to the ideas of other writers on teenink

HeadshotM SILVER, Melbourne, New York

Your failure is my success

SOME ONE TALK L

HeadshotM SILVER, Melbourne, New York

Your failure is my success

SOME ONE TALK

HeadshotM said...
I RULE

HE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED!!!!

HeadshotM SILVER, Melbourne, New York

Your failure is my success

really?

so is this your idea of reducing dumb people in our society?

twiwrite GOLD said...
twiwrite GOLD, Modesto, California

none :P

if they did make drugs cheep and leagal then all the ideots stupid enough to do them will have rotted their brains and will no longer trouble society

HeadshotM SILVER, Melbourne, New York

Your failure is my success

lol not too bad