Dear Calieb, | Teen Ink

Dear Calieb,

By MaliyahP. SILVER, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
MaliyahP. SILVER, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

There are pirate ships and steam ships but the best ship of all is friendship.

Dear Calieb,

How are you? It seems like forever since the last time I saw you. I must say, you made a huge impact at school; people are getting help with their addictions now. I know you are in the hospital and all, but we'll come to see you soon. Ever since you left, it hasn't been the same around here. People are talking about the incident every time I turn around and I'm sick of it. You know I am your best friend, but you hurt yourself and you now have to pay for your actions. You think you are the only one in pain? Wrong. Everyone is in pain because you got messed up 26 too many times and look where you are. I cry everyday just thinking that I might not ever see you again. I just don't understand why you did this to us...and yourself.

Your mom came to school on Friday. She talked to Stacie, Joan, Joelle and I about the situation you were in. We all decided to come see you next weekend. You know, ever since you left people don’t talk to us. They just stare at Joan and Stacie as they eat the revolting school lunch. They just stare at Joelle and I as we talk about how much we hate school. They just stare thinking and probably betting which you of us is to go next. Anyway, everyone misses you, especially me. When you come back…well if you ever come back, we’ll be waiting with our arms wide open, ready to embrace you, cry tears of joy, and sigh the sigh of relief that you are okay. See you soon.

Love,

Me

Girl of your dreams

This is an actual letter that I wrote to my friend Calieb that just resently past March 15, 2010. He got high pretty much everyday and the 26 times I refer to are the 26 times he went O.D. (over dose) He got high and went O.D. for the 27th time and he was hospitalized, losing 60% of his memory. He died after the 34th time and we'll always love him.

IamtheshyStargirl PLATINUM, Lothlorien, Utah

Boredom instigates extreme creativity.
~Amoniel

"Bowing gratefully to all of my subjects, 'thank you. Thank you. The pleasure is mine." Nah, I'm just kidding. We're all kings together.'"
~Thesilentraven

Extremely sad and well-written.

TheWanderingMoo SILVER, Oberrieden, Other

"Leave the cat alone, for what has the cat done to you that you should so afflict it with tape?\"
-Ian Frazier

so poignant and beautiful.. simplicity is always best