Drugs, are they as bad as they seem? | Teen Ink

Drugs, are they as bad as they seem?

By Amuhammd SILVER, Austell, Georgia
Amuhammd SILVER, Austell, Georgia

CURIOUSITY KILLED THE CAT!!!

In this society, everywhere you turn, drugs are in sight. sometimes it seems as if everyone is taking a drug. Whether taking a medication, or just enjoying the satisfaction and the escape drugs tend to give you. But learning some key important facts about the different types of drugs, and how they affect you may send you looking in the other direction.

Drugs are chemicals and or substances that change the way the body functions. whether swallowing, inhaling or injecting. that drug goes through your bloodstream and is distributed throughout the parts of your bodies.

A drug can be helpful or harmful. it can either cure the illness you portray. or even cause your body to get addicted, causing you to want more. that can lead into drunk driving, and or unprotected sex.

Some teens even believe that by doing drugs it will make them become more popular, stay more active, or just become better athletes. they use the drugs because they feel it can help them escape the troubles at home, and all the depression.

But all the drugs are doing is killing you slowly. I know somebody who overdosed on drugs. he became ill quicky and had to be hospitalized. he lost lots of weight, and became super fragile. one minor slip and there goes his life out the window.

I am not sharing this article with you to have fun. I am trying to help you become a better person. To say NO! to drugs.