When Celebrities Can't Even Sneeze in Peace: The | Teen Ink

When Celebrities Can't Even Sneeze in Peace: The

By polinaperin DIAMOND, Espluegues De Llobregat, Other
polinaperin DIAMOND, Espluegues De Llobregat, Other

Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.

Ah, the life of a celebrity! Glamour, glitz, and... GPS trackers? In today's world, if a celebrity so much as sneezes off-key or wears mismatched socks, you can bet it'll be breaking news by lunchtime. The age of privacy seems to have packed its bags, caught the next flight to Obscurityville, and left our dear celebrities fending off drones, dodging paparazzi in bushes, and wondering if their cereal choices will become Twitter's next trending topic.

Remember when Taylor Swift tried to outwit the paparazzi by walking backwards? Genius moves, but it only gave us more angles to discuss. Or when Orlando Bloom was paddleboarding in his birthday suit, and suddenly everyone became an expert in pixelation and censorship laws? And let's not forget the time when poor Anne Hathaway, in an attempt to exit a car gracefully, gave the world more than just a smile.
It's a jungle out there, and our celebrities are the prime targets of a relentless hunt.

Every misstep, every bad hair day, and every questionable fashion choice (looking at you, Kanye's Yeezy collection) becomes fodder for memes, tweets, and watercooler banter.
While it's all fun and games, we should let celebrities peacefully enjoy their overpriced avocado toast. After all, wouldn't you want someone to look the other way if you accidentally wore two different shoes to work? (Not that I've done that. Twice.) In the grand circus of celebrity culture, it's time for us to be less of ringmasters and more of an appreciative audience.

In the grand circus of celebrity culture, it's time for us to be less of ringmasters and more of an appreciative audience.

Thanks for reading!