Ugh! Vampires! | Teen Ink

Ugh! Vampires!

By JamesRM173 SILVER, South El Monte, California
JamesRM173 SILVER, South El Monte, California

Its not about your skill, its about the heart you show.

Ok, I have a bone to pick with the entertainment business. And that "bone" is about those fanged D-bags known as vampires! How many more movies and t.v. show are we going to have dedicated to the creatures of the night? I've honestly grown a huge distaste for this current trend in the entertainment business. Its amazing how this trend can cause people to lose their own intellect. i myself have two teenaged sisters and you can tell the difference between the one who's avoided Twilight. The first one is obsessed with the Twilight and told me that she wishes her boyfriend would be a vampire. The there's the younger one, thank god there's still hope for her. She says that Edward just needs to get a long piece of wood shoved into his heart. Aw yes, there's still some sense in the youth of America. Sadly I am a part of this generation. And to be honest, its pissing me off. If I have to hear another girl scream over a Twilight or Vampire Diaries character I'm going to lose my bloody mind! Why don't these simple-minded FOOLS realize that they're fictional characters on a T.V. SHOW! Well thanks for listening to my minor rant.

ColdplayForever BRONZE, San Jose, California

"Coldplay fans are the best in the world. If you like Coldplay, then you're obviously very intelligent, good-looking, and all-around brilliant."
~Chris Martin

I don't agree 100% with this. Twilight is actually a good series, if you don't read it with a prejudiced mind. 98% of the people who like Twilight, are not Twi-hards. We say, "It is a good series." The remaining 2% are the ones who get all the attention, and therefore give all of us a bad name. I actually was prejudiced against Twilight beforehand, because of me being a Potterhead, and with the "rivalry" between the fans, it was only natural. But last year, I decided to try out the series, and the books actually ended up being good. All I ask of you all is to not put all readers of Twilight into the same "Twi-hard" category, because we are not all like that.

kel_the_shell, Ronks, Pennsylvania

"We accept the love we think we deserve." - The Perks of Being a Wallflower

so sick of vamp books. Totally agree. i prefer zombies, unicorns and fairies. Where are those books?

Fate98 GOLD said...
Fate98 GOLD, Glasgow, Other

"Life isn’t about how popular you are… What girl or boy you are dating or who you know. Life is about always being true to who you are or what you believe in. Never let anyone convince you that their way is better than your way. In the end all we have is our hearts.. and our minds. This is the reason we sing.. this is the reason we cry… this is why we live." - Andy six"

as much as i think  they are over used i LOVE vamps. They are my fav supernatural creture.

MarieWes BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona

"Write only if you cannot live without writing. Write only what you alone can write." -Elie Wiesel

I completely agree with this. I've always been an avid reader of books and I love many genres, but this is getting just ridiculous. Ever since Twilight became popular, thousands of books and fanfictions and look-alikes have sprouted up. My own cousin dragged me to see the second movie from Twilight and I actually started bashing my head against the metal of the chair because some teenage girls kept giggling and screaming and fawning over Edward and when Bella was kissed. It's getting old and tiring and as soon as something else comes up they'll flock to that. It's insulting for people that are actually dedicated to certain types of writing and have known of it for as long as they could remember!

TomyBoy said...
I agree with you Vampires suck so thats the only reason why i watched the movie called Vamipers suck because of its title and because they made fun of twilight so that person who created it is a good man in my book

AnimalLoverNayNay, Hooksett, New Hampshire

" Life sucks and then you die." Stephenie Meyer, Part 2, Preface,Page 134

I agree with you vampires suck. The only good book in the twilight series is Breaking Dawn, Because we get a break from bella and vampire lovers.

I'm Team Jacob personally but i was before the movies.

nooneloves BRONZE, Oshawa, Other

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never Know what you're gonna get

I only likke twilight because of the hot guys. But i love the blood thirsty killer vampires.  I love watching humans fear for there lives

Still_Waters26 SILVER, Ladysmith, Wisconsin

"We few, we happy few/we band of brothers/For he to-day that sheds his blood with me/Shall be my brother"
-Shakespeare, "Henry V"

I totally agree with you.  this whole vampire craze almost makes me miss the good ol' days (like when all the knights, fair maidens, and kingdoms and castles were around) when people who were believed to be vampires were executed.  Isn't that funny?, lol.  Btw, wanna check out my article, "The Twlight Snare (Revised)"?  It's follows the same train as this but takes it in a slightly different direction.  And I'll be praying for your sister!

SamIsSmiling GOLD, Rimbey, Alabama

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

Dude, I  love your sister. I went to the movies on the night New Moon premiered with garlic around my neck :P although it was awkward sitting in the Christmas Carol(the movie I saw) with garlic lol

BohemianTeen BRONZE, Clarksville, Tennessee

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it." -- Goethe

Dude, you rock! I too hate all this vampire romance stuff. Please, keep your sister from being brainwashed!

JessieB SILVER said...
JessieB SILVER, Elkton, Maryland

an eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind~Ghandi

haha. I love this! 

I like twilight, but i agree that this trend has gone a little too far. too many movies and books. Luckily I'm not wildly obsessed with this silly vampire faddish that almost every other teenage girl is going through. haha(:

love this<3

Dakota_Lynn said...
Dakota_Lynn, Oxford, Georgia

But that's not the point here.

I think that people just take this stuff too far. I mean really, vampires DO NOT exist! Yes, some of ACTORS that play them are very nice looking, but the vampires themselves aren't real.

VioletsandVoice, Spiritwood, North Dakota
THANK YOU!!! I too was into vampires and the supernatural before everyone else became obsessed, ironically they all thought I was nuts for reading such scary books... now, sadly, not so much. people ask me which vampire books are good to read and it annoys me because I know they're just looking for more Edward Cullens

ToWriteLovee BRONZE, Andover, Kansas
Hmm. You guys make a good point. Me, im obsessed iwth all readings, and i read twilight and some other vampy books befor they got all popular. i think the whole obsession of it is overrated. i hate the twilight teens, they make me sick, even tho i like the book, i hate the whole buzz. if that makes sense. i dont want a vampire boyfriend, edward is just gross nad its all stupid stuff in a book. so who even cares.

dragonbiscuits SILVER, Near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

"You cannot acheive peace with violence" -several people

I know! I am so sick of hearing about this! I miss the borders that didn't have a whole section dedicated to twilight garbage....

I have that same problem at my school. I just think that our generation needs to pull away from this phase, get a life, and move on. I just hope it happens soon!

Silevryn BRONZE, Osceola, Missouri

"The world hasn't become more violent, it's become more televised"

i agree completely. My school has bee invaded by twilighters obsessed with the books and all things vampire. Many of them have the movies memorized word for word. tell me thats not a little scary.. I go out of my way to antagonize them. The main thing abotu this trend that bothers me is i cant go into the teen section of a bookstore and find a book not having to do with vampires or romance. They all need to get a life

DarkRose18 BRONZE, Marion, Iowa

Once you are forced to stand alone you realize what you really have in you. Darkness does not equate to evil as light does not always equate to good. The truth about forever is never certain.

Haha i totally i agree with you. They are only characters in a book much diffrent than the actual reality. I love imagination but you still gotta keep your head in the process.