OUR WORLD'S MEDIA CRISIS!!!!!!!! | Teen Ink

OUR WORLD'S MEDIA CRISIS!!!!!!!!

November 26, 2009
By XxKathy1111xX SILVER, N/a, New York
XxKathy1111xX SILVER, N/a, New York
7 articles 0 photos 18 comments

Favorite Quote:
follow me long enough and you'll end up on a field hockey field.


everyday the shows like entertainment tonight and inside edtion rip people apart.Altough i'm totally against celebs being idolized (see my 1st entry for details), i think its even worse when media rips out every flaw about a celeb. Celebs are just people that have a light following them and they have feelings too. I'm pretty sure that the editor of people magazine wouldnt be too happy with us if we said their butt was too big or their dress was ugly. nobody should have to deal with consistent pressure to look beautiful 24/7.... and that's what our media does. In every magazine or show i see, the girl is tall and thin and she's beautiful... but shes as fake as a barbie doll. i think we should change our views and see that EVERY person is amazingly gorgeous... NO MATTER THEIR HEIGHT, WEIGHT, SKIN COLOR, RELIGION, PEIRCINGS, HAIR COLOR or any of the stuff that makes them unique compared to the barbie doll sitting on the shelf in walmart.


The author's comments:
i'm average hieght and weieght but my one of my friends is bigger and one is extremely small. everday one gets called anorexic and flat chested, while the other gets called ugly and fat. both of them are beautiful and the world has to wake up and see it.