Earth | Teen Ink

Earth

The planet is in danger and there are actions people can take to save it. There are consequences right now and there will be in the future if people do not change what they are doing. The planet will get worse if humans do not help. The destruction of the planet is bad for humans, animals, and animal’s environments. The oceans specifically are in danger. Humans pollute the oceans and kill over 1 million birds and 100,000 sea mammals every year. The sea levels are rising because of global warming.

In the future, the planet will be hotter. The planet will be three degrees Fahrenheit hotter at the end of this century. There will be a lot more natural disasters such as storm surges, hurricanes, and wildfires. The warmth of the planet in the future will affect human’s food growth and supply. There will also be irreversible climate change if people do not change their ways. The weather will affect human health with illnesses and mental instability. The severe weather events will also put humans in danger. The warmth of the planet will cause animals to live in colder places and stop birds from migrating. The rising sea levels will destroy animals homes. Changing rainfall patterns will affect migrating fish and birds. Droughts will affect animals food and water supply.

The first thing people can do is help stop pollution. People can do that by recycling and using environmentally safe products. People can also dispose of trash properly and report illegal dumping. Another thing people can do is stop global warming and climate change. People can do that by reducing water waste and using less energy. A simple thing people can do to help is to buy the 4Ocean bracelet. The bracelet is made out of a pound of trash and all the money goes to funding the cleanup. A place people can donate to is the Global Footprint Network. The Global Footprint Network fights climate change by investing in sustainable development.

If pollution slowed or was minimized, two main things would happen. People would save money and damage on animals and their homes would be reduced. If people took steps to stop global warming there would eventually be an end, but it would take time. Slowing global warming will also slow the rising ocean and severe weather events. With changes made, people can stop the destruction of the planet.

I feel very strongly about this topic because it greaty affects us and the future of humans.