The Necessity of Electric Car Charging Pumps | Teen Ink

The Necessity of Electric Car Charging Pumps

People today are becoming more and more environmentally conscience. From brands like Starbucks ruling out the use of plastic straws, to states banning styrofoam in everyday use, society is more accountable of trashing the Earth than ever before. If I was the CEO of a gas station corporation, say, Shell, I would definitely push for the usage of electric car charging stations.

Although Shell is a company geared towards the sales of gasoline, I believe that having charging stations for electric cars would generate more business for the company. The number of electric cars are rapidly increasing per year; however, I am only aware of a few places that offer them - other than those select places, electric car owners are subjected to providing their own source of energy. By supplying people of a traditional way to recharge their vehicles, not only do I think business itself would increase; but, also an increase of the number of electric cars. Investing in this cause would not only be simple and practical, but also cost efficient. With the average price of electric car charging pumps being around $700, it may seem overwhelming for your average middle class person, but for a large company like Shell, it is manageable. Starting off with only one or two per station, it is probable that each gas station will profit from it in only a month’s time.

While gas stations are traditionally noted for solely providing gasoline, investing in electric charging stations at Shell will make for a company that will “disrupt the status quo”.

After binge watching multiple climate change documentaries in class, I have been passionate on this topic; hence, explaining why I think it is necessary for more people to be aware of its dangers and preventable methods (such as, owning an electric car).