What Is Love? | Teen Ink

What Is Love?

By sidecarsidney BRONZE, Marion, Iowa
sidecarsidney BRONZE, Marion, Iowa

"What you call a dream I call a plan"

Love, what a simple word for something filled with such joy yet such sorrow what dreamers dream of. It’s every girls dream love but what is love exactly? Yes, I know i’m just a highschool girl wondering about love, but I want to find out what love truly is is it just hormones in our body?  I have always wondered about love and what it really was. What’s it feel like to be in so deeply in love? I hope to someday find the girl of my dreams and  understand what it feels like to be truly in love. After being in a few relationships, listening to a ton of love songs for (research purposes) and my Mom playing them all the time in the car. I have come to the hypothesis that love is when you share your insecurities and flaws with someone without a worry, Love is when you feel like you are gonna fly every time you see your partner, Love is when you go through something so dark and still have hope and support from the person you love and you are not afraid because  you are with someone you trust and love. To be honest nobody can truly say they know what love is love is a  mystery but isn't that the fun of it?

This piece is about love and trying to figure out what love really is.