My Grey | Teen Ink

My Grey

March 6, 2019
By EGR2100 PLATINUM, Mandeville, Louisiana
EGR2100 PLATINUM, Mandeville, Louisiana
32 articles 3 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Never doubt your abilities because that is when you stop trying


I never really truly understood why you chose her over me. Was it the way I looked at the time? Or maybe because I was “too quiet”? Or better yet because I was stupid enough to fall into a trap? Whatever the reason, I still question today. I guess I have given up hope of ever having a mutual feeling with you when all you remember is the night I just want to forget. The moments we share in calls and in person hold a special place in my heart, but some moments are tainted by the lies and manipulation you were blind to. Every time we talked there always seemed to be a moment when you would bring her up and I felt my walls break down. In school it was a constant conversation topic to hear about you, I grew weaker at hearing your name and feeling my heart break once more. You were and still are my weakness, she was your unknowing weapon of choice in this game of love. You didn’t realize the hurt you put us in, the lies she told behind your back, the battles that were fought behind your blindfold. I would do anything for you, but I guess my efforts were not enough to win you over, you chose outer beauty over the beauty held within. If only you could see the beauty you chose from the outside held a fiery passion of burning people within. Her devilish charm roped you in and kept you there until she lost interest and wanted more. Everyone has a type, I guess yours in one that you get hurt and she walks away fine. She destroyed you. If only you knew what you had right in front of you rather than deciding on mere looks. True beauty doesn’t exist for the world to see, it takes time to see someones true potential and strength, outer beauty will change and fade away, inner beauty will last forever. So was it really worth the pain and heart break to fall for a girl who left you when there was more distance involved? I can’t help but wonder if the tables were turned how would this outcome be changed. If it was any other girl. If it were me. I guess we will never know because that ship has left the dock the day I met you. My guess is I was never good enough.