Name essay | Teen Ink

Name essay

April 18, 2024
By Anonymous

Originally in Spanish, my name means a range of mountains, it connotes strength and groundedness. My name brings love and new starts into life that provides positive energy. 

“Sierra, don’t do that,” my mom and friends are constantly telling me. I am always wanting to be busy–hardworking. I was always an energetic, intuitive kid. I always knew what was going on and was independent of myself. Most of the time, I had the ability to know or understand things without any proof or evidence. 

My close friends call me “Cece” and my volleyball team calls me “C”. However, I think this is ironic because my name does not even start with a C. My parents are not allowed to call me by my nicknames because my friends gave me nicknames ever since third grade recess. My best friend called me this one time at recess unexpectedly. At first I hated it, But as I grew up, I was okay with it.

I don’t know why my parents named me Sierra. All that I know is that they were thinking about naming me Sienna at first, but then my mom liked Sierra more. 

The name Sierra gives off a dark purple color. A dark purple can be seen as very vibrant, fun, outgoing, and energetic. On the other hand, it can be calm, dark, and mysterious. I can be both of those sides from time to time. During a regular school week, I am the first character during the day, then when it gets towards the night I get the second character. However, on the weekends, I am the first character during the night and day. I am the first character on the weekends because school really holds me back from being outgoing and energetic. 

I am always looking for an opportunity to seek into the unknown, to use and show your mental abilities, to find the purpose and meaning of life. Knowingly, I am actually really good at mental health help and giving advice to anyone. I  want to grow wise and to understand people and things. However, I am not always energetic–I need privacy to replenish my energy. My energy is absorbing and I try to give off my energy to other people. My name brings love and new starts into life that provides positive energy.