Irresistible deception | Teen Ink

Irresistible deception

February 5, 2009
By Chelsea Nagel BRONZE, Hobe Sound, Florida
Chelsea Nagel BRONZE, Hobe Sound, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Compulsive liars are obviously hard to trust; it's just that simple. It's backbreaking to have a friendship and or relationship with someone you can't confide in. It's practically pointless and frustrating because you CANT TELL THEM ANYTHING. And if you do, your conscience will beat you up afterwards, because you know half the school will know by 2:00pm that day. I hate it when people lie about being a liar. That ticks me off the most I think because, when you are caught in a lie, why not just fess up to it? But I guess to some people digging yourself into a deeper and wider hole by trying to cover up your lie and make excuses for your actions is a much easier alternative. As far as I'm concerned people need to just stop lying altogether! No more 'innocent white lie' garbage; because its not true, all types of lies hurt the people they involve. Nothing good can ever come out of it; lying never gets you anywhere. No matter if you think you're friends will be mad at you for whatever you did or didn't do; don't lie to them. It just shows that you have no backbone to stand up and be honest. You're intentions are to make everyone happy when you lie and tell them what they want to hear, but in the end all you're doing is hurting the people you supposedly care about most.

For people who have compulsive liars as friends, boyfriends, girlfriends, etc.
Don't tell them anything you wouldn't want others knowing too.
Don't believe that they will ever change, because they never do.
A liar is a liar.

When people lie they usually:
Avoid eye contact
Change their tone/pitch of voice
Are constantly changing their body language
Contradicting themselves