Teenage Love? | Teen Ink

Teenage Love?

By Meredith Munro SILVER, Spring Lake, New Jersey
Meredith Munro SILVER, Spring Lake, New Jersey

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

NinaQ GOLD said...
NinaQ GOLD, Seattle, Washington

Pick your heart up off the floor
Sometimes, there are things you can only do alone
You can cry for now but just become stronger the next day

I do agree on those petty little teens saying they love each other on the first day but those people are just idiots.

U cant put an age on love thats like limiting people to emotions until a certain age im 14 and I gave my all for this one boy

Hejlna said...
I am in that same situation. Everyone is so shy, and experimenting with achual "dating."

Hejlna said...

I agree with that too.

ashley1012 BRONZE, Glasgow, Kentucky

Come askin for it and you will get

i am sorry but you can not put and age on love a t all

Sunrise69Sunset BRONZE, Rockwood, Tennessee

I think it pisses God off if we walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it. . . People think pleasing God is the only thing God cares about. But any fool in the world can see it always trying to please us back. -Alice Walker '82

I believe there are different levels of love. You can fall in love with everyone you meet, but you may only want to spend your life with one. We grow up learning how to love. I guess it's just a matter of who you meet and how ready you are for it.

I don't think there is an age limit on love, I just think that a lot of teens believe they're in love and they're aren't. I have a friend that thinks he's in love everytime he falls for a girl. And by falls I don't mean loves, I mean simply likes a lot.

RRBB77 BRONZE said...
RRBB77 BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio

"People change, things go wrong; but just remember, life goes on."

I'm in middle school, too. My boyfriend and I were actually the first couple to actually start talking to each other. Just hang in there; don't be afraid to tell everyone who your crush is... chances are, he probably likes you back

RRBB77 BRONZE said...
RRBB77 BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio

I couldn't agree more. Right now, I am in a relationship and everyone says we're too young for love. But we're different than the rest of the other couples. Maybe I love him, maybe I don't. Maybe we'll get married... who's to say it's impossible?

Messa BRONZE said...
Messa BRONZE, Ottawa, Other

"I'm through accepting limits, 'cause someone says they're so" -Defying Gravity, Wicked

will do :)

tasmiacandream BRONZE, Woodside, New York
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now? -John Lennon

there shouldn't be an age limit on love. love exists. but it doesn't mean it will always last.

ashley1012 BRONZE, Glasgow, Kentucky

Come askin for it and you will get

i like this article i am 14 years old a boys have used me

vampier BRONZE said...
vampier BRONZE, Glasgow, Kentucky

"my favorite thang about eating gumybares is knowing that thay wont fight you back when you bite there heads off.......!!!!!"

i thank that your right about that......

StrictlyWorse BRONZE, Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania

"I am gonna make it through this year, if it kills me" -John Darnielle

I personally can say I'm in love with my girlfriend after being together for the better part of a year. Love isn't an age thing, it's far too subjective for that. Almost everyone can understand the concept of love and feel it regardless of age.

rubyrainstorm SILVER, Closter, New Jersey

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
-Buddha.

WOW! thats intense! Tell your parents that I say hats off to them. And tell your dad, thanks for serving our country. 8)

-Buddha.

Well...this....article is hard for me to comment on because I'm in middle school, but I definitely believe that I will fall in love in highschool. I'm living in the world of pathetic crushes and "we say we're a couple but we're too scared to even hold each others hands at the movies". It gets tiring, but I'm pretty sure one day, I'll find that perfect guy. Hopefully, it will be true love. 8)

If you have time, please check out my poems, The Girl Inside, Remembering Spring, and You Are The Lyrics In Me. Thankssss!

haha i kno(: have you had anyone done anything like that to you ?

RideTheWave BRONZE, South Riding, Virginia
THAT IS SOOO SWEET!!!!!!!!!!

thanks and i know i dont think anyone could ever tell me that im not inlove with this guy he is like my hole world we are like perfect for eack other. last night i walked into my house and there were roses everywhere and it lead to this tinny table and he made me dinner(:

Messa BRONZE said...
Messa BRONZE, Ottawa, Other

Teenage love definately exists. While I haven't experienced it, I know my parents did. They first met each other when they were thirteen and started dating at sixteen. The day after my dad graduated from military college, they got married. He's in the Navy and has been deployed for six to twelve month periods throughout my life, including a year long when right after my oldest sister was born. My parents have never been with anyone else nor do they want despite all the hardships of military life. They are a testiment to young love in its truest form and it gives me faith that I will one day find mine.

Archy said...
Archy, Honolulu, Hawaii

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone, it's not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel alone"
~Robin Williams

You just pretty summed up everything I was going to say. I agree with you on this drhorriblylate.