Worlds biggest lie | Teen Ink

Worlds biggest lie

By Breezy981 SILVER, Anderson, South Carolina
Breezy981 SILVER, Anderson, South Carolina

"Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you will die today" -James Dean
The words 'I love you' are the worlds biggest lie

The words
'I love you'
Is the worlds Biggest lie

Please comment and thank you for reading and i know this is a bit short but im new on this website and i will be adding new things that are better(:

Ok not my best but one very true thing

IowaBaby97 said...
IowaBaby97, Webster City, Iowa

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous that absolutely boring. - Marilyn Monroe

It all depends on who says it and what it means. "I love you" isn't always a lie.

BlueRain BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

"Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control."

"I love you" is not a lie. The people are the lies.

camohunter19 GOLD, Sedro-Woolley, Washington

"Girls are so queer you never know what they mean. They say No when they mean Yes, and drive a man out of his wits for the fun of it." "Violence is never the answer! It is a question, and the answer is yes."

Your grammer really needs some work, "worlds" should have an apostrophe. Love, by the way, is not the world's biggest lie, (notice the apostrophe) are you lying when you say you love a family member? Or are married couples lying when they say they love each other? You have to be careful when publishing your articles on this website, especially when I'm prowling around: I will nail you for the simplest lapse in comma rules.

kaylarocks SILVER, AURORA, Colorado

"The more you take responsibility for your past and present, the more you are able to create the future you seek." - Author Unknown

honest opinion i disagree with this statement, but also agree becaus eit really depends on the person ur saying it to as if i were to say it to my best friend or boyfriend it would mean exactly different than saying i love you to my father or mother who cave birth to me!! this was not meant to be rude just an honest opinion!

thelogicoflove SILVER, Camden, South Carolina

Perhaps I'm biased because I disagree with the general idea of the 'article', but this should be more developed. Or, at the very least, edited before being posted. For example, 'worlds' should be 'world's' and 'is' should be 'are'.

Still, you are entitled to your own opinion. I just hope you someday learn that love is real, as I have. Good luck with everything, and keep writing!

LovingTheHaters, Houston, Texas

my mind loves you but my heart doesnt
never say never because it will end up coming to reality
the same thing that makes you laugh will make you cry

i know where you coming from because people this days dont kno what love means.

Fizza SILVER said...
Fizza SILVER, Raipur, Other

i love you-these 3 word are so easy to say that it hardly takes 3 seconds to say but it takes ages to really mean it!

now a days it obviously had become the greatest lie.

Eggie94 BRONZE said...
Eggie94 BRONZE, Palmdale, California

"With great power comes great responsibility" --Bruce Wayne

It depends on the context of the words "I Love You".

They are easy words to say, so many times they ARE the biggest existing lie on our planet. They are very important words that unfortunately are taken advantage of every minute.

BUT these words do make up the most important phrase you'll ever hear. Inside yourself, you will know when they are spoken genuinely and significantly. You will know when they are the truth. And you will remember when, where and who said those three words.

rockyraccoon said...
on Jun. 26 2011 at 3:38 am
rockyraccoon, Fort Wayne, Indiana

today tommorow next month next year all look remarkably gray.

its not a lie if every one involved thinks its the truth.

Bumbleshree said...
That's my new favorite quote. Love is a lie, a hole that can either have cushions at the bottom or a pit of heartshattery. I'm new to the site too- like ur writing! ;)

kbyefelicia said...
AaliahRai  this is ment for the teenage relationships that arent serious sooo yea...

Daniosopuppy BRONZE, Sarasota, Florida

"They say love is in the air so... I hold my breath till my face turn purple."-Lil Wayne

yeah, but society back then wasn't as messed up back then as it is now. And i didn't say everyone. i said depending who yuor talking to like if itwere someone like your teacher then no it wouldnt be a lie but if it were some pervert then yeah.

AaliahRai SILVER, Williamsport, Pennsylvania

"Love is not finding a perfect person, but finding an imperfect person perfect.(:"

And I forgot to mention, sense my mom has been 17, shes been in love with this guy, who is now my sister's father and my mom's boyfriend!

I completely disagree, because I have deffinatly loved. But I have lost too...): And I feel that at no matter what age you can love. Example; My teacher met his wife in 2nd grade. and the day he met her he said...'i'm gonna marry her!' My grandparents have been together sense my gram has been 14 and he was 23. and i believe age shouldn't matter. and now, ,u pap is 62 and my gram is 53.  my other grandparents have been together sense they were 17 and 18. amd I have had my eye on the guy sense i was 8 years old, im 16 now. so dont tell me he will lie to me. Vecause he loves me

Daniosopuppy BRONZE, Sarasota, Florida

But if you think about it, we are teens so teens will be reading this. When you're 14 and a boy tells you he loves you it's most likely not true. So yeah adults may know how to love but most teens don't. For our age "I love you" is sort of a lie depending on who you're talking to.

WithEyesWideOpen BRONZE, Wayne, Pennsylvania

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

That's right. 'I love you' is just thrown around like any other word. it's not right. It defeats the purpose of the word. Like the song "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol Says, "Those three words are said too much, they're not enough."

WriterGeek<3 said...
I don't agree with you. Some people are willing to die for each other etc. And when they tell that person that they love them that is the truest thing on Earth.

Sketched97 PLATINUM, Silver Spring, Maryland
I don't really agree, and this is a quote, not an article.

MoonGem BRONZE said...
MoonGem BRONZE, UB, Other

Live for God, Laugh for God, Love for God. Soli deo Gloria.

That really depends on how it's used.

The words 'I love you' can be the most painful thing anyone can say to you if they are not real...but they can be the best words you ever heard if they come from a sincere heart.

I hope you will find true love. I have not found it myself, but I know it's true.

sasssgirrrl22 PLATINUM, Pearl River, New York

"Giving up is not a part of my vocabulary."
"Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game."
"Truth be told I miss ya, truth be told I'm lying."

i agree with raisinbran. in my opinion...i think most ppl dont even know what the word really means....