Interracial Discrimination | Teen Ink

Interracial Discrimination

By Victori_R SILVER, DeRidder, Louisiana
Victori_R SILVER, DeRidder, Louisiana

"we cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our efforts except for a memory of the smoke and the presumption that once our eyes watered" Thomas Stoppard

Take a good long look at the world around you, and absorb everything that you see. To be more specific, look directly at and into the relationships in the world. Look at the couples and think about how each and every one makes you feel. For example: you see a young mono-racial couple holding hands and the sight brings a smile to your face how would you feel if you saw a young interracial couple holding hands? if the thought itself makes your stomach churn then you are one of the thousands who disagree with interracial dating/marriage. Now, just because you do not exactly agree with interracial relationships does not necessarily mean that you are raciest, or even prejudice. It merely means that you should open your eyes, and broaden your horizons to the colours of love.

silence21 GOLD said...
silence21 GOLD, Terre Haute, Indiana

I hope to change someones life one word at a time. Hopefully, it's a positive change and it's for the better, but any change at all is a step to an amazing new future.

Hey, thats a very good point :)

Victori_R SILVER, DeRidder, Louisiana

Well everyone is the same inside right? the colour of your skin means nothing. Its who you are on the inside that counts. ;)

silence21 GOLD said...
silence21 GOLD, Terre Haute, Indiana

I'm a daughter of an interracial couple and people still think I should be different. They think their relationship is wrong and my mothers parents wouldn't go to their wedding because of it. I totally support interracial marriage.