Possible Love Information? You Decide. | Teen Ink

Possible Love Information? You Decide.

January 4, 2011
By MarissaLaGrange BRONZE, Monmouth, Maine
MarissaLaGrange BRONZE, Monmouth, Maine
4 articles 0 photos 18 comments

Favorite Quote:
This too shall pass


I've been in love maybe twice in my life of 17 years. It's not a lot of time and most adults would assume that I wouldn't know what love was, that what I would have felt was "puppy Love"
But when you find someone that you get this intense, deep, passionate, complete devotion to a person sort of "feeling" things change.

When your in love you see a brighter light to things that had seemed completely pitch black. In a way it's like when you used to watch those Disney movies about a princess and a prince falling in love. It's like you, yourself have gone through your very own Love Story.
People say that love is neither, jealous, nor possessive but in a way it's wrong. You can't have your lover running around with a bunch of other people, cheating on you and such. Therefore Jealousy comes into play, possessiveness, well now that probably shouldn't completely be in a love relationship, but at the same time it's like letting your lover know that you want them all to yourself that your quite happy they are yours and you are theirs.

Jealousy is simply something that almost everyone feels at some point. It's something that cannot be avoided unless you do not get jealous at all. There are different levels of jealously, you just have to figure out which one is bearable.

Now Trust is the big thing you need in a relationship, You need to be able to trust that your lover won't go around cheating on you, without trust in a relationship there is only paranoia. Paranoia causes lots of arguments in a relationship which can lead to many different paths, even violent ones if your not careful.

The point in this article is not to just rant about what love is, but to make people understand that yes, you can be a little jealous as long as you know how to control it, yes you can want your partner all to yourself but realize you have to share them with their friends and family sometimes and let them do what they want to do in their life as well as you for yours.

A relationship is when both of you put your feet forward and fight for each other, to keep your relationship strong. One person cannot be putting all he effort while the other isn't doing anything. That is completely wrong.

And yes though it may seem corny, or over-used, When you and your partner get in arguments or you have concerns it is best to sit down and talk it out, if you don't both of you end up locking emotions inside until it explodes causing unnecessary arguments or emotional pain, specially the drama.

So take this as advice or take this as just a teen randomly talking. But either way I know this will help someone somewhere.


The author's comments:
This is basically about relationships. Basically I talk about what healthy relationships are, or when someone assumes certain emotions shouldn't be in a relationship that they simply are no matter how you look at it. It's a reassurance sort of article and I hope that it will help someone who is in a relationship and is confused about what they think is right. It's a way to get people to think on their own.