Falling | Teen Ink

Falling

October 20, 2014
By Mariah Bowers BRONZE, Hollywood, Florida
Mariah Bowers BRONZE, Hollywood, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Falling in love is something I never want to do. You want to know why?  When you fall in love, they’re all you think about. I mean who wants that? Never being able to focus on what’s important because they are invading your thoughts. Or what about never wanting them to leave you in anyway, physically or mentally. Who wants to yearn for someone that probably doesn’t love you the way you love them. The feeling that you have when they’re not with you. The feeling of being incomplete. Many of you are probably reading this and thinking, “What in the world is wrong with me” or “Why I am so negative.” It’s not being negative, it’s being real. Loving someone is not running through a field full of sunflowers. It’s running through a rosebush, where by the time you get out you will be hurting. You will be covered cuts all over that will never heal.


Falling in love is probably the worst thing someone can do. We can’t control who we fall for, but when we do, we fall hard . You fall so hard that you don’t have the strength to get back up. By the end of it, you will most certainly have scrapes and bruises in places you never knew existed. For that second you are actually falling is nice and exciting, but when you slam into the ground it’s no longer exciting. It hurts. Anyone who says otherwise is a big fat liar. The person we fall for will beat you to the ground and ask if you’re okay.  That’s what love is, isn’t it?