Falling | Teen Ink

Falling

By Mariah Bowers BRONZE, Hollywood, Florida
Mariah Bowers BRONZE, Hollywood, Florida

Falling in love is something I never want to do. You want to know why?  When you fall in love, they’re all you think about. I mean who wants that? Never being able to focus on what’s important because they are invading your thoughts. Or what about never wanting them to leave you in anyway, physically or mentally. Who wants to yearn for someone that probably doesn’t love you the way you love them. The feeling that you have when they’re not with you. The feeling of being incomplete. Many of you are probably reading this and thinking, “What in the world is wrong with me” or “Why I am so negative.” It’s not being negative, it’s being real. Loving someone is not running through a field full of sunflowers. It’s running through a rosebush, where by the time you get out you will be hurting. You will be covered cuts all over that will never heal.

Falling in love is probably the worst thing someone can do. We can’t control who we fall for, but when we do, we fall hard . You fall so hard that you don’t have the strength to get back up. By the end of it, you will most certainly have scrapes and bruises in places you never knew existed. For that second you are actually falling is nice and exciting, but when you slam into the ground it’s no longer exciting. It hurts. Anyone who says otherwise is a big fat liar. The person we fall for will beat you to the ground and ask if you’re okay.  That’s what love is, isn’t it?

cakee said...
for lvoe to exist in someones life they have to let it. Thereforth you cannot agree nor disagree on the agument of not wanting to fall in love. its a choice. not an opinion.

AlaskaHunter888, Copper Center, Alaska
Beautiful and well written. Voice is very prominent.

ramfthomas4 PLATINUM, South Bend, Indiana

“If the present world go astray, the cause is in you, in you it is to be sought.”
― Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy

Mariah: I disagree.  Love is only negative if you have doubts about whether the person you love loves you, or whether you are compatible.  If you have a nagging feeling that something is not right, or that it's not going to work out, or that you are more committed to the relationship than they are, it goes downhill fast. But if you are confident and secure in love, there is nary a thorn to be found. Other than that, good writing.  Very visual and descriptive.