The top three best Disney princess movies of all time | Teen Ink

The top three best Disney princess movies of all time

November 23, 2021
By lisa24034 BRONZE, West Deptford, New Jersey
lisa24034 BRONZE, West Deptford, New Jersey
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

We’ve all seen a Disney princess movie or two. They are always action-packed and send out the best messages. Each movie has a special meaning linked to it that you don’t pay attention to when you’re watching it at seven- years- old. 

To start off, we have the movie Brave which stars Merida who is an adventurous and fearless character. She enjoys archery and is very good at it. Her mother thinks she should be more proper and lady-like, which is something Merida strongly thinks is wrong.

 Throughout the movie, we can see how Merida’s relationship with her mother grows, as they spend a whole day together. So many people can relate to this movie because younger people tend to not have strong bonds with their mothers.

This movie has to be one of the best because it shows how a bond between a mother and a daughter can always grow and change for the better as they get to know each other. 

The next movie is Tangled. The movie Tangled is filled with fun adventures, crazy characters, and romance. Rapunzel, the princess in this movie, decides to leave the tower that her “mother” has kept her in for 18 years. She discovers a man named Flynn Rider, who takes her to see the floating lanterns, something that lights the sky every year on her birthday. 

Eventually, he finds out she’s the lost princess and takes her to her real parents who don’t use her for her magical long hair. This movie empathizes with the meaning of following your dreams and doing what you want to do. If Rapunzel never left her tower, she would’ve never met the love of her life, or her parents!

Last but not least, we have Mulan. Mulan is a young girl who steps up, disguises herself as a man, and fights for her country in place of her ill father. She might not be considered a Disney princess to some, but her bravery and courage say otherwise. 

The movie Mulan shows that your gender doesn’t determine your strength and power. Mulan was a terrible soldier at the start, but with a little dedication and time, she was one of the strongest out for blood. 

These Disney princess movies at first might seem like light-hearted enjoyable movies, and they are. Taking a closer look at them can prove that there is more to the story than what is truly shown!