Kanye West vs. Taylor Swift | Teen Ink

Kanye West vs. Taylor Swift

By LilaW PLATINUM, Brampton, ON, Other
LilaW PLATINUM, Brampton, ON, Other

Live. Laugh. Love. Fight. Flight. Get it right.<3

Well, I'm just curious. Mostly everyone has heard about what happened during the MTV awards (Kanye's interruption when Taylor was recieving the award). I was thinking...do YOU think he was justified in interrupting that way? Because, if you think about it, he does have a point. Sort of. Taylor Swift (a..well..her music is OK) vs. Beyonce (a music LEGEND) for the award. Besides, Beyonce's music vid WAS great. What do you think?

Curiosity is not a sin. lol

Wow what a carefully stated arguement. I think I'll reconsider my whole stance now.

Shows how little you know about your music loser

Kanye did the right thing. He can't control his emotions cause hes gotta dirty mind. hes got filthy ways. he wanna bathe his ay ay in ya milky way

First off RUDE isn't spelled rood. Secondly, I agree that Beyonce had a great video, but Kanye should have closed his mouth, and accepted the fact that Beyonce lost.

kaylarocks SILVER, AURORA, Colorado

"The more you take responsibility for your past and present, the more you are able to create the future you seek." - Author Unknown

AGREED!

kaylarocks SILVER, AURORA, Colorado

Beyonce is amazingly awesome and i dont know why people even had to argue about it? Come on now... Common sense here!! I totally agree with LiveOutLoud or couse he has an opinion but Taylor sucks

LiveOutLoud said...
No, actually I don't like country music at all. I hate it as a matter of fact. I never said I liked country music so yeah.. I actually hate Taylor's music and her voice. I'd much rather listen to Kanye any day bro. It just wasn't right of him to do that. But it was kinda funny.

Zeus4ever said...
seriously u like country music? its all about pop

Zeus4ever said...
I think Beyonces video was better and kanye was not rood to do that cause taylor swift sucks

LiveOutLoud BRONZE, Winchester, Kentucky

What's worse...Saying something and regretting it, or saying nothing at all?

SO TRUE ! 

There's no doubt that Beyonce is better than Taylor. Even if that's so, that was Taylor's moment and Kayne had NO right to do that..Especially since it was none of his business in the first place..

Got_Interest GOLD, Arnold, Maryland

"Box falls out of sky, man falls out of box, man eats fish custard, and look at you- you're just sitting there."
-Matt Smith as The Doctor

Okay, I don't care who's music video was better, Kanye West should not have done that. It is okay for him to have an opinion, but to go up on stage- on live television- and say something like that is totally uncalled for. If someone is getting an award it doesn't matter if you don't think they deserve it, you should still clap and smile along with everyone else

KayKay:-) said...
Alrighty. Kanye was SUPER wrong to do that and was horribly rude. Beyonce is great. Taylor is greater. So she won . . . it's a matter of opinion. Country vs Pop, Taylor vs Beyonce.

erin18m said...
ok, I understand that beyoce is great but taylor is an amazing singer and an amazing girl and kanye west was sooooo wrong to do that, taylor swift was almost in tears, it wouldnt matter whose a better singer at that point...(which in my opinion is taylor but that's only because i saw her concert and she was amazing... nothing against beyonce because she's AMAZING) it was sooo incredably rude of kanye to do that.

bedbug BRONZE said...
bedbug BRONZE, Seoul, Other

\"If you come to a fork in the road, take it.\" Yogi Berra. Also, \"Any girl can be glamorous. All you have to do is stand still and look stupid.\" Courtesy of Hedy Lamarr

Both Beyoncè and Taylor Swift are great, but I think it wasn't in Kanye's place to interrupt her speech. That must have been embarrassing to everyone. Plus, he only apologized a year later.

Grace9 said...
on Jun. 16 2011 at 9:59 am
Ok, look. Although Beyonce's video may have been better in some peoples opinion she obviously wans't the voting choice. I personally belive Beyonce's video was better and I am a big Taylor Swift fan. I belive that Kayne West was very wrong to go on stage and steal her big moment and put her down in front of millions of people. Although he was wrong I belive he was truly sorry and he relized he lookes like a total jerk after he did it. As for them "milking the whole thing" Whenever Taylor Swift was asked about it she was very polite and gave short answers and tried to change the subject Kayne West would apoligize and try to move on. As for Beyonce she is an awesome person and it was really big of her to let Taylor finish her speach. So in the end Taylor is the victim although she forgives him. Kayne is someone who made a mistake (which we all do) and Beyonce was the bigger person. I am a fan of all 3 of the artist and belive they are all good people. (All good people screw up every now-and-then :)

joey123mo PLATINUM, Anthem, Arizona

"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."

Kanye West is a far superior musician to Taylor Swift in all respects, and I mean come on, it was the MTV Video awards. It wasn't the grammy's, which coincidentally enough, Taylor Swift got to accept numerous awards at and make numerous speeches. I'm glad Kanye West did what he did, because I was seriously sick of Swift winning all the awards that she didn't deserve. Kanye had every right to do it, and I'm glad he did. She can get over it, she's got plenty more awards to win anyway.

IRBFGW DIAMOND said...
IRBFGW DIAMOND, Cincinnati, Ohio

"Hey, assbutt!" Supernatural, Castiel.

I think that both of them are kinda milking this whole event. Taylor is being all whiny and playing the victim like she does with most of her "personal life drama" and Kayne West is just so desperate for attention that he stole a teenage girls fame. Personally, both of them need to grow up.

P.S. i guess you didn't realize what a can of worms you were opening when you wrote this, did you? :)

Keeper6 GOLD said...
Keeper6 GOLD, Buffalo, Minnesota

Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak, sometimes it just means you are strong enough to let go.

oops didnt mean to reply to that i pressed the wrong button sorry

Keeper6 GOLD said...
Keeper6 GOLD, Buffalo, Minnesota

its ok he said something but its not ok that he interrupted the whole show to announce it! but why would you expect anything better from him? he accused our last president of being racist! i persoonally hate kanye west i refuse to listen to his music