Online Dating Is More Successful Than Traditional Dating | Teen Ink

Online Dating Is More Successful Than Traditional Dating

Online dating has become more popular in recent years, for young adults it has increased 10 percent during the years 2013 and 2015 from 17 percent to 27 percent.(Matthews, 27 online dating statistics) As time keeps going more and more people are going to be using online dating which begs the question what’s better online dating or traditional dating. If you use logic and look at the facts you can clearly see online dating is more successful than traditional dating. Online dating gives you a lot more options, makes is easier to start dating, and helps you find exactly what you are looking for compared to traditional dating.

Of course online dating is more successful than traditional data, it’s easier to find a lot of different people with different interests. Studies show that over 49 million people have tried online dating(brooks, 21 amazing online dating statistics) with that amount people even if you’re only seeing whose close it will be easy to find someone you would want to start a relationship with. Especially if you’re a girl since more than half of users on dating apps are men. (brooks, 21 amazing online dating statistics) All the options of people with all different likes and dislikes is guaranteed to allow you to find the type of guy you really looking for.

Dating using online features is also easier than traditional dating. Traditional dating has you choose a relationship with the people around you but you never know if they’re single or if they even want a relationship. With online dating it’s easy you can see what type of relationship the other person wants and if you can’t see it’s natural to ask. Especially on online dating apps 84 percent of people is looking for relationships. (Matthews, 27 online dating statistics) With the messaging part of online dating apps and their averment it’s easy to ask out someone on a date and make plans because you know that’s the point of the app.  The easiness of using a dating app and finding someone makes it more successful in finding a partner.

When you find a relationship online it usually better than traditional dating. Since you have a lot of options online you can be picky and find someone you actually want to date. According to National Academy of Sciences and their study in 2012 its more likely for a married couple who started online have a more fulfilling marriage. (Matthews, 27 online dating statistics) They also get more experience since they interact with a lot of people and that can help them get someone they really like.

A common argument against online dating is lies on bios, fake profiles and the fact that people start online so they can’t really feel love. In a poem that shows how people think about love it says “I saw my lady weep, And Sorrow proud to be advanced so in those fair eyes, where all perfections keep,”(Knopf, pg 205) this poem shows how people think beauty can only be seen face to face. A lot of people talk about how you won’t get that with online dating, but online dating is just a place to get started you will always be able to go see the girl or guy once you’re ready. This also counters lies in bios and fake accounts because when you text them you’ll be able to see if it’s a fake account and once you meet and talk to them you’ll be able to see the lies and leave.

Finding a good relationship can be hard but using online dating sites it can make that process easier and more successful in the long run. Online sites can give you options and lets you be picky with them and helps you get started with relationships and helps you experience more. Overall if you are having trouble and want a more successful relationship a good place to start is with online dating sites.