last 24 hours of elvis presley | Teen Ink

last 24 hours of elvis presley

Elvis woke at his usual time around 4pm, on monday august 15th. he spent the evening wathcing TV, playing with Lisa marie and bickering with his fiancee Ginger alden. he then went off to see his dentist, Lester Hoffman, around 11pm. Elvis got home from the dentist ariund 12:30am. as he drove his stuz blackhawk through graceland , he waved at fans. Also Robert call from indiana took the last picture of elvis alive. around 2:30am Elvis calls his doctor to ask for painkillers, supposedly for the tooth pain he was enduring due to his earlier trip to the dentist. Ricky stanley,Elvis stepbrothe, picks up six dilaudid for elvis from the all night pharmacy at bapist memorial hospital. but around 4:00am elvis gets his cousin billy smith and his wife jo up from bed so they can play a game of racquetball. Presley, as anticipated, plays the game without barely moving. around 4:30am elvis sits at his piano and performs to unidenified gospel numbers and the song "Blue eyes crying in the rain". around 5:00am Elvis and Ginger go up to his bedroom. he takes a package of pills put together by his doctor twice for daily use. But around 7:00am elvis takes a second pack of pills, around 8:00am he is unable to sleep, Elvis has aunt delta mae bring him a third package of pills. around 9:30am, Elvis heads for the bathroom carrying the book , Frank adams the scientific search for the face of jesus. while on his way, Ginger alden calls out " dont fall asleep in there. elvis calls back that he would not and those are his last words. around 1:30pm Ginger gets no reply when she knocks on the bathroom door. she then enters and finds elvis motionless body on the floor in front of the toilet. she frantically calls out for Elvis"assoicates Al stranda and Joe espositio, who quickly arrive and call an ambulance. around 2:56pm elvis arrives via ambulance to the bapist memorial center in memphis. at 3:30pm elvis is pronounced dead. but at 4:00pm vernon presley on the steps of graceland tells the gathered reporters that his son is dead.