My Opinion On Emo | Teen Ink

My Opinion On Emo

March 7, 2011
By Savi101 BRONZE, Ellsworth, Iowa
Savi101 BRONZE, Ellsworth, Iowa
1 article 0 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
Person 1: "What is wrong with you?"
Person 2: "Do you want me to start alphabetically or chronologically?"


Is it bad to say that I feel bad for emos? I had a conversation with my friend, and she said she hates emo's for two reasons. 1: is that they like black 2: is that they cut themselves. What does that matter? It's just my opinion but, I mean...I find it unfair. I've talked to a lot of people and they say the same thing. Why can't they just leave them be? It's their choice, not anyone Else's. I do find cutting yourself a bad thing, but isn't it a choice? I don't know, maybe I'm overreacting again. But I have to speak about it in some way. I'm not emo, I'm just speaking for what I believe in. Emo's need more respect, maybe I'm crazy but I think so. I don't wan to sound like a bad person, that's not what I want. Plus, not all emo's cut themselves or like the color black. They just like the style, or for what ever other reason they have. I've had enough of holding this in. I saw a girl once at the mall who was getting bullied just because of her style. I wanted to do something, but I couldn't. Luckily the cops there helped her. I just think people sometimes miss interpret them. What's your opinion?