A Fool for a Wise Man | Teen Ink

A Fool for a Wise Man

There is something to be said about those who have the ability to see themselves as just any other. Not placed above or below everyone else but as an equal that makes mistakes. Those who laugh at their foolishness from time to time and understand that in life there remains plenty left to learn even if considered a senior citizen by society. Shakespeare once said, “The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.” Noting that the wisest human sees error in their ways and continues to strive, not to perfection, but the chance to become a better version of themselves.

We’ve got the athletes, know-it-alls, and perfectionists constantly surrounding us deeming themselves as superior as if talent and skill go so far. People peak in skill and talent, which puts a halt to any progress in life. There is more to life than a sports championship or an outstanding GPA. There is more to be uncovered and learned and that journey starts when everyone stops being blind to their faults and wrongdoings.

Mantizah said...
Mantizah, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Other

"And I can fight only for something I love, love only what I respect, and respect only what I at least know" -Adolf Hitler

"Fools and wise men are equally harmless. It is the half-wise, and the half-fools that are dangerous." -Goethe