Encouragement | Teen Ink

Encouragement

By LukeMelotik BRONZE, Sussex, Wisconsin
LukeMelotik BRONZE, Sussex, Wisconsin

I have always encouraged myself. Whether it be to get suitable grades, or to get into a prestigious college. 

Just hold out for one more semester, then you can send in an application that they can’t deny. Keep studying, even though it's boring and takes a lot of time. Try to be a well rounded person and do what isn't comfortable. Do risky things, that's the only way you're going to grow.

Everyday I try to encourage myself to keep doing my best. I try to embrace new experiences even if they're scary or different, and I try to manage my time to create a neat schedule that fits everything I do. In my life I always strive to do my best. I work hard so that I can create a good future for myself, but sometimes it feels like it's not worth it.

Even though I encourage myself daily, sometimes it's hard because the results aren’t shown right away. I get good grades but the only time those really pay off is when you're applying to colleges. Trying new experiences can sometimes pay off, and other times they are like a wall blocking you from succeeding.

But even though I know results may not come instantly, and sometimes new things wont better me. I hope that I will continue to be hard working, achieve great things, and lastly I hope to make a good impact on the world.

This piece is about my education and how I encourage myself daily.