Persuasive Essay: Where to go for a Field Trip | Teen Ink

Persuasive Essay: Where to go for a Field Trip

By BestWritingByBrit GOLD, Livingston, New Jersey
BestWritingByBrit GOLD, Livingston, New Jersey

"Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard."

Persuasive Essay: Field Trip

“That was so cool and interesting! I want to go back!” Isn’t this the outcome that would be very pleasing when students to come back from a field trip saying this? My principal is allowing the students and staff of my school choose where we want to go for this year’s field trip. This year, we should definitely go to the Liberty Science Center for numerous reasons. The three most important are because: it’s exciting, whoever goes learns a lot, and it’s convenient.

First of all, it will be such a great experience! It is super fun to see all different kinds of inventions and sciences. They have many fun activities both children and adults can participate and love. For example, a popular interest for kids is the Touch Tunnel. This is when you go into a dark tunnel and feel your way out by feeling the walls. I remember when I went, how I became so energetic and eager just thinking of it! I thought it was the best day of my life! I was like a squealing little girl when she was told she just got a pet unicorn. I’m pretty sure this was the only time I wasn’t afraid of the dark! This shows that the Liberty Science Center is so entertaining, and anyone can love it.

Furthermore, people are not only having fun here, but also gaining valuable knowledge if we go to the Liberty Science Center. Keep in mind, this is a science center. So, of course we will learn so much! For instance, if someone was really curious about dinosaurs, they could go there and then come back being an expert on dinosaurs! Everyone gets to learn so much! The Liberty Science Center is a great idea for a field trip because you get all your questions answered!

Finally, it’s right nearby! It’s not like we’re driving a million miles to get to this place- it’s only a 20 minute drive from here (Heritage Middle School), maximum. For this reason, parents won’t be worried about their child getting carsick. Anyone can handle such a short ride. No one would want to miss it anyway! We most likely won’t get lost, in my opinion. Going to the Liberty Science Center is so fitting, as it is not a far drive.

Conversely, some other people may not agree. They might be afraid of students getting lost. However, there will be a lot of adults attending to supervise. If a letter was sent to all of the parents at Heritage Middle School, I’m sure there will be a copious amount of volunteers. Plus, many teachers would want to tag along also! Besides, the students are already seventh and eighth graders. They need to learn how to be independent and to take care of themselves. It’s time to stop treating them like babies! The students most likely will not get lost, in my opinion. Therefore, parents really have no need to worry about their child going on this trip.

In brief, it would be lovely if we could go to the Liberty Science Center. If we got to choose the destination of our field trip this year, this would be it, due to the fact that it’s not only a learning experience, but also a fun one, and it’s so close to here. Unquestionably, the Liberty Science Center won’t only be a regular boring school field trip- it will be an adventure! So, is anyone excited yet? It’s time to go there now!

Haha, thanks sooo much!

Olivia-Atlet ELITE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri

"To these the past hath its phantoms,
More real than solid earth;
And to these death does not mean decay,
But only another birth"
- Isabella Banks

Wow! I know where I want to go for my next field trip! Excellent job on this essay. :)