The Role of Women in Business | Teen Ink

The Role of Women in Business

By PerlaM BRONZE, Tirana, Other
PerlaM BRONZE, Tirana, Other

What is the role of women in businesses? The availability of women will make goods and services more marketable and more efficient for any company. For a rising number of women, starting their own company is the quickest path.  The number of women owning businesses in the United States has risen by 74 percent over the past 20 years. Today, the number of women is much higher before industry than in previous generations. However, women are underpaid, they have been used as an additional force, and although the number of women apply for managers is rising, they are still outnumbered compared to their male counterparts.  
Of all managers and professionals hired, 49.5 percent are women. Only 68 percent of the salary paid to the male counterpart is still received by the highest-paid female executive. Women in business know that for half of the recognition and pay, they need to work twice as hard. But, ladies, figures show that our male counterparts would outlive us.  
        “The business case for getting more women into management is compelling,” said 
 France-Massin. “In an era of skill shortages, women represent a formidable talent 
 pool that companies aren’t making enough of. 
By World War I, women were, prepared to join the workforce in large numbers, and the absence of men on the home front spurred them into the workplace. Women experienced displacement from the business world as men returned from the war, and the economy slowly worsened into the Great Depression. Similar growth of women in business was created by World War II women again joined the workforce in great numbers. Six million women went to work during the war in response to a need for new jobs and new development. So basically, in World War I, women started to work more for the family, and in World War II, they started becoming more powerful. 

Females are specifically introduced to concepts and conceptions of power and control in technical and administrative occupations. As the majority labor force, women in service jobs struggle with the impact of technology regularly in a convincing way. Women work in the technical and labor industries, in professional and executive roles, and in the service industry. Although the work of women is as complex as women themselves, these common definitions of employment in the workplace serve as a valuable structure for evaluating women in business. Their influence started to be felt in vocational and administrative fields as women gained more access to education and professional programs. Graduate programs in business have traditionally refused women entry. They know that women in the company, even as the airport burns to the ground, can do the job of two air traffic controllers without breaking a sweat.        
        In the future, I want to become a businesswoman and I think until that time comes there will be more women in business than men. I think that women are powerful in businesses even though people would always say that men are better for businesses but a lot of women proved people wrong and became very powerful, I also think that it changed, and it will change, by generations.