Making A Difference | Teen Ink

Making A Difference

November 4, 2022
By edpeer01 BRONZE, Louisville, Kentucky
edpeer01 BRONZE, Louisville, Kentucky
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Teens making a difference. How can teens make a difference? Great question right? 

My name is Ethen. In this essay I will go over how teens can make a difference and how I as a teen can make a difference. Making a difference is what we can do to make the world a better place or do something important. What I think about making a difference is what we can do to leave our mark, our history for future generations to learn from and grow further. 

Making a difference is to help people, help the world become a better place.

How I want to make a difference and leave my mark on the world before I eventually leave it is to start a business. I want my business to be like nothing else created before. I want to be known for my business. I want my business to bring families together to build up the business. I want my business to last generations long after I die. But maybe we're thinking a little far ahead. It's good to have goals for the future, years from now and achieve them but what can we do now to make a difference.

We can make small goals to help our environment, friends, and family. 

Now I want to ask you. What are you going to do to make a difference? How can you make change or leave your mark on the world? These are questions that you should ask yourself when you think about what you want to do in the future. Us as teens are the future. Even if you're not a teen it's never too late to make a difference. 

What do you think about the world? Do you think it's healthy? Safe? 

Maybe you think the world is perfect and doesn't need any change. Of course that's your opinion but the world is always changing. If that's better or bad, we are always changing how we live, our routines, our technology, cars, machines. Anything in the world can be made better and changed to be more efficient, even humans. Through change we are able to evolve and become better and smarter than before. That's why it's up to us as teens and the next generation to make a difference. You know because you're not seeing Margaret at 85 years old doing anything special. 

Making a difference is how we help other people. 

There are always problems in the world and we as teens have to make changes. Children are maturing at earlier and earlier ages getting smarter and learning faster than earlier generations. This is how we make change. Let's teach people. Teach people how they can make a difference. Spread change. 


The author's comments:

I had a lot of fun writing this. I know it may be to late to be entered into the contest but I still had fun with it and want people to see it and maybe they can take something from it because I know I definitely took something from writing it. Thank you for reading if you wasted your time doing so.