Lonliness | Teen Ink

Lonliness

October 6, 2009
By Buttuns BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
Buttuns BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Smoking the herb reveals you to yourself.


Today in American, many teens suffer from lonliness in their life. Wether it be from not having friends, not having caring parents, or just not being social. In school, you'll see kids just sitting by themselves and its sad to look at sometimes. You wonder why these kids aren't socializing or laughing and going out like you are. People can feel lonley all the time just because they feel that no one likes them, but they really have no idea. People, on more tradgic occasions, try to commit suicide because they are sick of feeling they way they are feeling. Teens sometimes can't understand that the things they say to people can really hurt them deep inside, but they'll never know because the person they just hurt doesn't matter to them obviously. Teens suffering from lonliness can just be something their born with like depression or skitzophrinia. Being a teen myself, I know how feeling lonley can feel. You just feel like you can't talk to anyone about anything because nothing is gonna help the way you feel at that time. Being alone, I think, is the worst feeling in the world. Its like, you have NOTHING there, and having nothing doesn't feel good at all. Its like, you keep reaching for a cup filled with water but everytime you do, it happens to be empty. Other things that could cause lonliness is that some parents keep their kids isolated because of the fear that they won't be accepted by everyone in the world, although that is impossible to be accepted for who you are in the world today. People can be lonely because they don't feel the need to 'fit in' with everyone else. They don't think that buying a new outfit and shoes every week is as important as other things in their life.

The author's comments:
This is an assignemtn at my school.