Perfect Little Robots | Teen Ink

Perfect Little Robots

By Icy96 PLATINUM, Romeoville, Illinois
Icy96 PLATINUM, Romeoville, Illinois

Horace Mann: “Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”

I am a perfect little robot. I have perfect little eyes and a perfect little nose and a perfect little mouth set in a perfect little smile that I keep even when my perfect little eyes get perfectly wet. I have perfect hair, perfect clothes, and a perfect little voice that says perfect little things, even when I punch a perfect little hole in my perfect little wall. I go to a perfect little school with perfect little friends that have perfect little holes in their perfect walls, too. We listen to perfect music with our perfect little ears that have six or seven perfect little piercings in them. My perfect little life is so perfectly perfect that it could never fall apart because it's so perfect! There's nothing wrong with any of us, especially with the perfect little cuts on our perfect little wrists. Because we're so perfect! Nothing can be wrong with us when we live in such a perfect little world!

I just hate how everyone is expected to be perfect and not have any problems at all. We're told what we have to wear, say, do, etc, and I'm really getting sick of it. We can't all be perfect little followers of the Aeropostle Cult!

LunaLives GOLD said...
LunaLives GOLD, South Bend, Indiana

Because I can!-Me "Life is a choice and death is a decision"-Lil Wayne

I's so dark, but buetifly written. The sadest part is that it's true. Don't be afraid to stand out of the croud. I'm not gonna lie some times it's really hard, but it's a whole lot easiar than to follow the crowd in missery as a "perfect little robot."

jalsaied SILVER, Fort Irwin, California

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
- Abraham Lincoln

Amazing article- keep writing!

aphilly DIAMOND, St. Paul Park, Minnesota

"Have you ever once in your life reached out to touch infinity?" -Ellen Hopkins

I love the title. Very creative :)

Hollyss SILVER said...
Hollyss SILVER, Stafford, Virginia

"Fiction reveals what reality obscures"-Jessamyn West
"You can't leap a 20-ft chasm in 2 10-ft jumps."-Anonymous

I sympathize with you. I've made a point at school about not following the trend and standing out as different, and I'm respected for that. And I hope you're not actually cutting your wrists! It doesn't help relieve pain or anything that other people say, it just makes you more miserable. You should be different, and make everyone eat it up!

Icy96 PLATINUM said...
Icy96 PLATINUM, Romeoville, Illinois

thx 4 ur support, this is my 1st point-of-view article

antwonesamuel BRONZE, Park Falls, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

"If you're going through hell, keep going" - Sir Winston Churchhill

This was interesting, and I wrote something with the same type of style you did. Mine had to do with some somewhat like what you had. About the monotony of high school life. Society looks down on the individual because they are strong enough to stand on their own. This was really well done in my opinion.