Is it wrong to stand out!? | Teen Ink

Is it wrong to stand out!?

By Fate98 GOLD, Glasgow, Other
Fate98 GOLD, Glasgow, Other

"Life isn’t about how popular you are… What girl or boy you are dating or who you know. Life is about always being true to who you are or what you believe in. Never let anyone convince you that their way is better than your way. In the end all we have is our hearts.. and our minds. This is the reason we sing.. this is the reason we cry… this is why we live." - Andy six"

Why is it that when you are in high school and you do one thing that's maybe a little "out there" your penalised for it. Don't these people understand that maybe we don't want to be a clone of everyone else? Don't they get that maybe we like being ORIGINAL? I mean whats so bad about that? So if someone listens to a different style of music or has a crazy hair cut or has a certain clothing style there is something wrong with them. People need to keep an open mind because if you don't, well i think your the one that's weird.

This gets to me because if you see in my profile i am no "clone." And some of my other friends do stick out a little.