Terrorism: Not Anymore | Teen Ink

Terrorism: Not Anymore

By devikaarora GOLD, New Delhi, Hawaii
devikaarora GOLD, New Delhi, Hawaii

Dont tell me sky is the limit when there are footsteps on the moon !

“75 dead and still counting” the news said after yet another terrorist attack as we sat in front of the TV screen. But for everyone, whether in the country or across the world, I should say a report like this had become a very familiar one. Every few weeks, a large number of people died as terrorist attack victims, or rescuers.
There are many questions that haunt us is “Why do they do this? Will they ever stop? If yes, then when? And how?”
And this as well is my question to all those armed terrorists across the world who are planning another attack in some place. Why do you kill people? What joy does this give you?
Yes, they don’t have a regard for all the innocent people whose lives they take during the explosion of bombs. But, surprisingly they don’t even care about the fact that they risk their lives, the lives of their families and everyone they know!
Terrorism isn’t a problem that arose only 10 years ago, it has just evolved from small scale to large scale terrorism, at times stating different reasons and taking different forms.
It has deepened enough to haunt generations forever. Evidences are all the recent bomb blasts in our country itself. Everyone in Mumbai is still trying to recover from the destruction caused. There are still some people who hesitate in visiting the places of attack.
And even though our blood boils when we hear such news, and we want to go and shoot the culprits personally, we know we cant do that. We can only provide moral support to those effected, or at most carry out reform programs.
However many of us think blaming others or planting bombs in return is a solution, that too a good one
No, the solution is not continuous debates with the UN or any other country for that matter. The need of the hour is to build up a strong resistance system against the terrorists.We really need to tighten the security, practice mock drills, alert people and the betterment of security institutions.
Start today!
It is never too late to make them reap what they have been sowing all along.