Scienceology (The Science of Science) | Teen Ink

Scienceology (The Science of Science)

By TheSihlouettedMan BRONZE, Hinckley, Ohio
TheSihlouettedMan BRONZE, Hinckley, Ohio

"There is something more to the knowledge that allows us to see. Some rely on logic to be their eyes. Others believe they know what logic is. But to be completely faithful in logic, you must someday realize that it points to the incomprehensible."

The world today is taken up by the forms of thinking we use. Our thought process has been fused into a sort of language used by a wide group of people. Some falsely consider it to be logic. I address it to be humanity’s logic. Many consider it to be the way to collectively gather logic. However, intelligence is looked at in many ways. Now it is not uncommon to see people speak fluently their analytical native tongue. Over the years it has been deemed the name science.

Looking deeper, this is a way mankind wanted to better itself, to learn. Yet learning can only come from taking a closer look from farther away. Can you learn without binding yourself to a morphed definition of what’s right? The difficulty is knowing how much you actually know. We’ve stumbled over ourselves trying to find the answers, but it never really occurs to us, we need to know how correct our means of finding the answers are.

Acknowledging there are answers to be found comes from taking a deeper understanding in what we look for. Do we want to make discoveries, or do we want a valid way of making discoveries? Know that a method can only be as perfected as the people who made it. Yet looking at humanity, we can see many imperfections. The world’s no more flat than the time we thought it was nor is it the center of the solar system. Ideas once marvelous, now ridiculous, and although corrected, will eventually lead to more investigations.

Science itself acknowledges that it’s always changing, and often wrong. But this brings to light why some people not only make it the center of their reasoning but almost their religion. This method of thinking we invented can only see as far as we can. Some day we have to ask, is our reasoning of reasoning correct? It only validates what we can see, and even science says there’s so much we don’t know. Repeatedly asking why to someone answering your questions, waiting for them to have no response, doesn’t bring you validity.

Nothing is limited to our typical means of thinking, and using a system that relies on what’s reasonable blinds us. Asking an unanswered question might not get it answered. But does the question ‘why’ offer any consideration the truth. Truth, something we seem to have falsely defined ourselves. In a world where those who can’t answer a question must be wrong, or only what can be seen can be suggested, or where our methods of reasoning have to be correct, reality seems to be hard to spot.

We have troubled ourselves. Who defines what’s true? It’s supposed to be a moral, a reality. It is something that defines itself, and we don’t have a say in “what is”. There’s no changing what is reality, and yet many mix up the truth with science. Something that’s existed from the near beginning and weren’t we even more flawed then? Truth isn’t something that can be placed in equations, what can be seen, what only seems, or what we believe. Truth has existed before us. We can’t change its definition now. Even science admits there is much it doesn’t know. We can’t treat it like it can offer any more than what’s possible. Some things we will simply have to acknowledge true without questioning them. Asking for physical proof may sometimes blind us. After all, there is still so much we don’t know.