Are Bullies Criminals? | Teen Ink

Are Bullies Criminals?

April 8, 2014
By taslee BRONZE, West Babylon, New York
taslee BRONZE, West Babylon, New York
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

A big social issue in the teenage world now and days are Bullies. Are bullies really responsible and liable when people commit suicide? I believe that some bullies are criminals. Some bullies know when to stop and some just keep going until the person they are bullying hurt themselves. If you force someone to do harm to themselves, you are a criminal. Bullying is really common and you cannot send every bully to jail. In my opinion, it depends to what extent the bully is bullying the person. Do not get me wrong, bullying is morally wrong and needs to be stopped. It is not okay for people to think they can put people down. Many argue that bullies go through things and that is why they do and say the things they do. I feel like that is an excuse. Most bullies are criminals to me because if you can drive a person to do bad things to themselves then you deserve to be punished. Like I said there are different levels of bullies. Not all bullies are criminals. If you taunt a person here and there jokingly, you are not a criminal. Going out your way to taunt a person and making them hate themselves makes you a criminal. Social networks definitely take bullying to another level. Bullies get their crowd through social networks. Many argue that parents should be checking a teenagers social network accounts. I do not agree. When you get a certain age, that should stop. You cannot punish parents and schools for the poor decision that a bully makes. I was a victim of getting bullied one time and it made me feel bad about myself. I did think about harming myself. I dealt with that situation though. But perhaps I did not and it got to the point when the courts got involved. I would not be satisfied if the bully’s parents or the school got punished for the bully’s actions. That would mean the bully is still out bullying people. First degree bully’s are criminals and should be legally penalized for their actions.