Technology | Teen Ink

Technology

By Kyla101 BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
Kyla101 BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana

You Instagram your food, you Instagram your clothes, you tweet about your mood and your dude; all this comes before you think about contacting a real person. Twitter and Instagram are some of the social networks that consume most teens’ lives. As technology gets more advanced, people are using it on a daily bases and also more frequently. Teens’ preoccupation with technology causes problems in their education and social lives. Sometimes abusing electronics doesn’t always happen to teens but it can affect everyone.

Even though technology can be useful in many ways, people are starting to use it more often which causes problems. For an example kids are not able to socialize physically with others and in some cases can also affect their educational process. Electronics similar to phones and even laptops are considered one of the most used technology products. Studies have shown that teenagers who spend the majority of the day on their phone are more likely to have behavioral complications or even fall into depression in their lifetime. Researchers also found that the excessive amount of time spent on electronics can cause depression and even stress. Some kids aren’t able to focus on their schooling. (Demerica)

Others may think that laptops aren’t affecting young teenagers but in reality it is. Laptops can connect to social media such as Twitter. Therefore instead of young adults using their phones, they can easily get on a computer and be linked to the Media. Smart phones are the main reason why they are lacking socially, people would rather text or call the person they want to communicate with. This is what’s causing lack of physical activity with others. (Coleman)

Society will argue that using technology is important, but it is very much distracting them from their lives. It’s distracting them from their physical and social life. Teens will feel like they need to be connected to the media. They will claim that it helps them and comforts, but in some cases they will have a strong need for those electronics. People will say that they need to be connected to the “world” but all technology is a social club.
Although many individuals use electronics as a resource, there should be a new way of using it without have teens struggling in their education and social life. Solutions to this problem are limiting the excessive usage of technology by decreasing the advances in technology so it won’t make society worse at communicating.