The Key to LIfe | Teen Ink

The Key to LIfe

By KaiLeena PLATINUM, Fort Wayne, Indiana
KaiLeena PLATINUM, Fort Wayne, Indiana

"He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect for more than he can give. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you."
— Bob Marley

The key to success is not what WE can do better than someone else, but doing something we LOVE. Some point in everyone's lives, we compare ourselves to others by conforming to others standars and doing what we feel we would bypass others in. We don't care if the things we are doing we don't like. Most people just care about winning at life. Wrong isn't it? Some don't think so.

The second key to life is living it to your full potential. IT is to not let time slip from your un-aware grasp. Everyone has this "lets let time fly by" mood. They just want time to fly by as fast as possible. What they don't understand is that time is running out. I know I keep on writing things on this, but this topic is imperative. Time can end for every single one of us before we can even blink. So why don't we live life to the fullest instead of in a gloomy state. Why do we just do what we NEED to do instead of what WE CAN DO. We can do BOTH. Travel the world, fall in love, have kids. Do something to make life worth living. Don't just go for life half fast and do what is required.