Is It Alright to Abandon Dogs and Cats? | Teen Ink

Is It Alright to Abandon Dogs and Cats?

By SeJin BRONZE, HCMC, Alabama
SeJin BRONZE, HCMC, Alabama

Dogs, cats, they are the animals most likely to be left on the street. Also, their only routine is to survive the harsh conditions including dangers on the street which is able to kill them. As they aren’t use to wild condition due to living as a pet, it is hard for them to survive. You should not purchase a pet unless you’ll keep them because they will be left in dangerous, harsh, and hazardous environment which is on the street in cities.

First of all, animals which are searching for habitat aren’t able to adapt to the environment surrounded by human’s technology. For example, there is some staying under the car, near the pole or even in front of the mansion. Most pets which were abandoned in Korea were sent to the pet center. Surprisingly, I have seen a situation where street dogs are kept inside a building with a medicine inserted in their body killing them without a pain after a year. This is a serious cause of problem because there is a case that some dogs and cats should be killed for more space provided for abandoned animals. To reduce numbers of animal dying, we need you to prevent abandoning animals.

Some animals will consume garbage street for food. To survive, people need food and so for animals. In these dangerous street, there is no condition for them in order to get clean foods. Instead, they will find a smell of garbage including rotten foods. Some will say they were not able to expect the situation they had to abandon them. There is possibility where people do have unexpected problem however, most people don’t abandon animals unless it is a serious problem. If it is serious, people will be concerned about purchasing pets according to their plans they were anxious about.

At last, if people wants pet, most reasons why is to enjoy, train, and to share happiness with. If they are left alone, they don’t have anybody to rely on unless, somebody takes them and pet them. If there isn’t chance to take care and stay with them, it is not a best choice to stay then abandon them. Especially people who leaves animals on the mountain or empty plane road, they are emotionless, and is a person who thinks animal’s life is not important.