I Believe | Teen Ink

I Believe

January 8, 2019
By Anonymous

I believe in karma. Karma is when people do something bad that something bad will happen to them in return.

Karma is a reason why I am not a mean person, because I know that if someone is being mean to me that I don’t have to be mean back because sooner or later it's going to catch up to them. I like to think of karma as a punishment for being rude and or mean.  

Karma is taken from Hinduism and buddhism and its real definition is “ the sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences.” Hinduism and Buddhism believes that when you die you come back as another person. So karma can either happen to you in this life or the next life you tend to have.

One reason I believe in karma is because when I see people be mean or I hear about people being mean to other people then later in life they tend to not be as successful and or some times something bad happens to them and all I can think about is how if you are nice to everyone then things will be ok.

Yes, sometimes things don’t always go as planned and you end up having a terrible couple of months or something, that's not all because of karma. Sometimes things just happen but sooner or later things won't be bad, no matter how bad things are, once you hit rock bottom you can only go up from there.   


The author's comments:

this is about karma