The Symbol of Fall | Teen Ink

The Symbol of Fall

By ryangallagher BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio
ryangallagher BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

I have always pondered the question, “Why is fall so beautiful, if it resembles the death of all the life that started in the spring?” How can death paint such an amazing picture on the Earth year after year? If trees are dying, flowers, plants, animals, why is fall one of the most popular subjects of art and story?

The changing color of leaves on the trees in my opinion is one of the most amazing sites I’ve ever seen. To see a yellow, orange, and red flowing mountain range go on for miles and miles is a chance I would never pass up. And to see the ground covered with a fresh layer of color after a strong wind is one of many aspects of fall that makes it my favorite season. However, I have never thought of death as a beautiful thing. It was always a terrible, tragic thing in my mind. So again, why is the death of nature during fall, such a great thing?

I think God made fall so beautiful in order to remind us of something that I recently discovered. I think fall is a symbol to remind us that death is not such a terrible thing. It may seem terrible in our mortal minds, but it is in fact not the end, but a new beginning. It is the beginning of eternal life, where death never exists. Of course death is never a pleasant thing to experience, but I think we often lose sight of the fact that; we really are going to a better place. I think the cliché “They’re in a better place,” has been over used and lost it’s meaning over the years. I’m not saying death is not a serious matter, or that we should rejoice at a funeral. I’m just saying we need to remember that through this sad time, there is an amazing change taking place in that person’s eternal life.

Yes, everything dies in the fall, but it always comes back in the spring. Look at this entire season God sends us year after year, as a symbol of what death really is. We will all die someday, but look at fall as a reminder from God, that it is only the gateway to an eternal spring.

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

Your writing also contains truth not just beauty and honesty and the soft rawness. You also put God and a part of yourself in your writing, through your words. Thank you, again. :)

This is absolutely, amazing and phenomenal and beautiful. It's just truly beautiful. You wrote this beautifully, with talent and with a beauty that's your own. You have talent and greatness and light and beauty that is your own; and so much more. You're an amazing and wonderful and talented and beautiful writer and person; and just much more. All of this and more is true. Thank you so, my friend. For sharing this. Thank you. :)

Destinee BRONZE, Oakville, Other

Blegh. - Abraham Lincoln

This is beautiful. Keep writing!!

I've got to say, this is one of the most beautiful thing's I have ever read. No joke. And it really get's you thinking too. You put it into perspective that someone can look at the world and find God's beauty everywhere in it.

Shells SILVER said...
Shells SILVER, Dixon, Wyoming

“The dye has been cast. The decision has been made. I have stepped over the line. I won’t look back, let up, slow down, or back away. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, my future secure. I’m done with low living, sight walking, small planning, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap living and dwarfed goals: I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, positions, promotions, or popularity. I don’t have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk with patience, live by prayer and labor with power. My face is set, my goal is Heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my Guide is reliable, my mission clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won’t give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and spoken up for the cause of Christ. I am a disciple of the lord Jesus Christ.” - African martyred for Christ.

Very well written! The beauty of autumn symbolizing the beauty of leaving this world and going home!:) Awesome!