The Blind Man | Teen Ink

The Blind Man

By LadiesMan PLATINUM, Great Falls, Montana
LadiesMan PLATINUM, Great Falls, Montana

"Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death"

The blind man wakes up every morning and reads the newspaper, the key to his sucess is his trust in the lord to be his eyes, he has learned to trust God without doubt or fear and to love him through out this life, so why can't we do the same? We are dependent on our selves and others, but few are dependent on God loving him through out their lives, we can do the same but we don't for some reason why is that? What does stop us from depending, lovnig, trusting, and giving our lives to God?

I wrote this piece because I go to a catholic school but many of the students here don't really believe in God and just go through the motions I feel that we should at least give a little respect to go and praise him for once in our lives

JonathanFleischer BRONZE, Moundsview, Minnesota
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither; deep roots are not reached by the frost. - J.R.R. Tolkien

why should we assume that a god for whom no evidence is given should be given such respect.

Persona BRONZE said...
Persona BRONZE, Hanford, California
Why should I do any of these things for a being I don't believe in?

I've gone to a Catholic school for almost my entire life and I know where you are coming from. Some fear to know him, knowing they will have to turn their lives around. Ignorace is bliss in their eyes. Others just choose to accept theirs and oters denial. It's sad because all we can do is pray and be an example to those who are to afraid to be one themselves.

PenInHand GOLD said...
PenInHand GOLD, Fayetteville, North Carolina

" Kemps!"

I loved it! I think it's great how you show your love for God through literary work!