If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell? | Teen Ink

If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell?

November 7, 2009
By Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee
Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee
22 articles 0 photos 7 comments

I think that even if you are not christian,you will make it in heaven! How do we know if what the bible says is true? We don't really have a reliable source for that. And just because you are not a follower does not? mean you are not his children.If God truly created us equally, in some way, why would there need to be a reason for going to hell or to heaven? In god's eyes we are his children,and nothing can change that.You shouldn't always trust something you read. I mean how do we know that they are hiding the truth from us with this bible?? How do we know it's not all made up?

The author's comments:
I was answering a question on Youtube about this particular topic. It kind of raged me into writing this.

Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 575 comments.


Katie1234 GOLD said...
on Aug. 25 2011 at 8:07 pm
Katie1234 GOLD, Velva, North Dakota
10 articles 0 photos 77 comments

Favorite Quote:
"When life becomes more than you can stand; fall to your knees"
"To be normal is to be boring."
"You cannot make men good by law."
"Christians believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God because He said so."
"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you."

If what Christians believe is NOT real, then no one has anything to worry about. We'll just be bodies in the ground. However, if what Christains believe is true... If I believe is true, you have a lot to worry about. 

 

We are posed with a choice. Believe in what Christ did for you, or don't. I just pose the question to you that if you died tonight, do you know where you'll be? The Bible is clear. There is only one way in to Heaven Through Jesus. And you are either for him or against him. There is no middle ground. 

 

God loves us all, so he gave us a way to lay our sins down and follow him. How can you go to heaven if you aren't even following Christ?


on Aug. 18 2011 at 3:47 pm
MakeItShine SILVER, Pembroke Pines, Florida
9 articles 0 photos 30 comments

Favorite Quote:
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.”
~C.S. Lewis.

How can we be good to others all the time? We've all messed up, and we'll all mess up again. Moreover, Jesus himself said it's easy to love those who love you, and to do good to those who'll repay you. Why would God be pleased with that? He wants more--He wants to follow Him truly by obeying His word.

on Aug. 18 2011 at 3:41 pm
MakeItShine SILVER, Pembroke Pines, Florida
9 articles 0 photos 30 comments

Favorite Quote:
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.”
~C.S. Lewis.

Honestly? No solid proof? You know that many of the prophecies in the Bible have been fulfilled? You know that there is evidence of the walls of Jericho falling down? You know there are no contradictions in the Bible, when you actually analyze them, despite what ignorant people would like to say? Google it sometime. "Your Word is truth." "Every word of God is tested." "All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction..."

on Aug. 18 2011 at 3:33 pm
MakeItShine SILVER, Pembroke Pines, Florida
9 articles 0 photos 30 comments

Favorite Quote:
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.”
~C.S. Lewis.

Spot on. Who God is, is exactly the point. A.W. Tozer once said, "What we believe about God is the most important thing about us." If we believe in a good God (as all those do who would dare believe in heaven), then we believe in a standard for entering heaven, where God dwells. This standard, of course, is unattainable. Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life, and no one comes to the Father (or sees the pearly gates) except through Him. 

on Aug. 18 2011 at 3:29 pm
MakeItShine SILVER, Pembroke Pines, Florida
9 articles 0 photos 30 comments

Favorite Quote:
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.”
~C.S. Lewis.

The film Gladiator, directed by Ridley Scott, starring Russell Crowe, has an excellent quote: "What we do in life echoes in eternity." Obviously you believe in heaven, so there's no need for me to tell you that without an afterlife there is no meaning of life.

Moving on, then. You say everyone goes to heaven because God regards us equally. Cool. Can't wait to see Ted Bundy in heaven. You see, if there is a God (as there must be, when we assume there is a heaven), He is a just God or He wouldn't be God at all. Nobody wants to believe in, let alone worship, an evil or partially unfair God. That being said, if God is just then God is JUDGE. We WILL stand before His throne at the end of our lives here. And we will spend eternity either burning in a pit of fire, filled with the gnashing of teeth, or we will enter the pearly gates and walk the gold road.

"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the road is broad that leads to destruction and there are many that enter through it." (Matthew 7:13)


on Aug. 10 2011 at 7:45 pm
Texas_Horsegirl BRONZE, Windom, Texas
1 article 4 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
Love the life you live-live the life you love. ~Bob Marley

God your right! I've thought this all my life! :)

on Aug. 6 2011 at 3:28 pm

Petrichor1994: Yes, because in Genesis 1:1 it states that God created the heavens and the earth. 

FroBro: The Bible has hate . . . God only hates the sin, but loves the sinner. He doesn't like the wrong doing, but He still loves us. 


johnjohn123 said...
on Aug. 6 2011 at 2:13 pm
ZeeBYoung...... you know you are stilll basically soounding really sextist 

on Aug. 6 2011 at 12:25 pm
Petrichor1994 GOLD, San Jose, California
18 articles 0 photos 4 comments
Okay, there might be a figure who might or might not have created the world. I just don't know. But how can you know that this figure is the Christian God?

on Aug. 6 2011 at 12:23 pm
Petrichor1994 GOLD, San Jose, California
18 articles 0 photos 4 comments
Have you saved all the women alive? Kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

on Jul. 28 2011 at 7:17 pm
Neon_Gypsy_Blood BRONZE, Idaho Falls, Idaho
3 articles 0 photos 48 comments

Favorite Quote:
Do or do not, there is no try.
~Master Yoda~

Thanks Rarity!! Btw cool name:)

Rarity said...
on Jul. 21 2011 at 11:49 am
Point is, you get the choice to believe it or not. Are you openminded, or do you just throw it away in blindness. I would suggest exploring the teachings of God before you make such a big decision, because if you really cared, you would want to know instead of just hoping you can do whatever you want and still end up in heaven because there wasn't any hard evidence supporting the Bible.

Rarity said...
on Jul. 21 2011 at 11:45 am
You go JesusFreak10101 !!!!!

on Jul. 9 2011 at 7:08 pm
WishfulDoer GOLD, Portland, Oregon
14 articles 0 photos 69 comments

Favorite Quote:
If ignorance is bliss, why is our country so complicated?

Oh, nono, I wasn't referring to the comment above mine, I was commenting on the original comment by yoitsme. But yes, I agree with you.

on Jul. 9 2011 at 10:47 am
ZeeBYoung BRONZE, Coatesville, Pennsylvania
3 articles 0 photos 72 comments

Favorite Quote:
Don't judge a person until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. :)

I understand what your saying, but the difference is teachers have licensed authority, not to mention teachers (for the most part) are older than their students, and we should repsect our elders. But saying men have authority over women in general is still saying women need to be told what to do, because apparently we're inferior...

on Jul. 5 2011 at 10:37 pm
WishfulDoer GOLD, Portland, Oregon
14 articles 0 photos 69 comments

Favorite Quote:
If ignorance is bliss, why is our country so complicated?

They didn't die for a lie, they died for a belief; there's a difference. Whether or not I believe it's a lie (or anyone for that matter) doesn't effect whether or not they did.

on Jul. 5 2011 at 10:35 pm
WishfulDoer GOLD, Portland, Oregon
14 articles 0 photos 69 comments

Favorite Quote:
If ignorance is bliss, why is our country so complicated?

Personally I find that people who follow the country's -reasonable- laws and make an effort to be successful are successful, but whatever you say. And men have no right to have authority over women whatsoever.

on Jul. 5 2011 at 4:18 am
Autumn-Rain SILVER, West Lafayette, Indiana
9 articles 1 photo 74 comments
Yeah... but if one person says there is no heaven... and no God... And another said there was... than how would there be both no heaven, and heaven?

on Jul. 5 2011 at 4:15 am
Autumn-Rain SILVER, West Lafayette, Indiana
9 articles 1 photo 74 comments
Well... just because it's okay for someone to tell another what to do doesn't mean they are better... A teacher has authority over students... but that doesn't mean that she is better than them...

on Jul. 5 2011 at 3:58 am
ZeeBYoung BRONZE, Coatesville, Pennsylvania
3 articles 0 photos 72 comments

Favorite Quote:
Don't judge a person until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. :)

I personally don't see how those two are any different.