If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell? | Teen Ink

If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell?

By Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee
Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee

I think that even if you are not christian,you will make it in heaven! How do we know if what the bible says is true? We don't really have a reliable source for that. And just because you are not a follower does not? mean you are not his children.If God truly created us equally, in some way, why would there need to be a reason for going to hell or to heaven? In god's eyes we are his children,and nothing can change that.You shouldn't always trust something you read. I mean how do we know that they are hiding the truth from us with this bible?? How do we know it's not all made up?

I was answering a question on Youtube about this particular topic. It kind of raged me into writing this.

Autumn-Rain SILVER, West Lafayette, Indiana
Try actually looking at the evidence for the bible and christianity though. Countless numbers of prophecies from the Old Testament are fufilled in the New Testament. It has been proven that the Old testament was indeed written long before the New Testament. So how would someone have known exactly what would happen? All of the Historical events and cultures match up with what we know of History today. Also, there are many scientific laws that are stated in the bible long before they were discovered. Check out Isaiah 40:22, it says that the earth is round, at this time people thought that the earth was flat. There are many more examples of this in the bible. How else would you explain all of this than having been inspired by God?

Maybe what you mean by God valueing men over women is his rules. God says that Men should have authority over women. But that doesn't mean that men are better. If you look around you, even at people who aren't christians, you'll see that generally the people who follow the bible's advice are the most successful. Maybe you don't beleive the bible is true, but it does have good advice.

Neon_Gypsy_Blood BRONZE, Idaho Falls, Idaho

Do or do not, there is no try.
~Master Yoda~

I totally agree with you! Well spoken.

Do or do not, there is no try.
~Master Yoda~

Ok that is sooooo not true!! If you would actually read the bible you would know that isn't true!! God never told us to beat people or that men are better than women! He loves us all the same, he didn't go around preaching to people to hate eachother! You are the one who decides to hate or to love someone! And it was the bad guys I guess you could call them that did the beating and killing of people and valued men over women not God!

I like that you are telling your opinion. But I beleive that God is Holy. Holiness and sin can not mix. So someone who has not repented and been cleansed by Jesus can not go to heaven.

teacat749 BRONZE, Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin

We do not quit playing because we grow old. We grow old because we quit playing.
-Oliver Wendell Holmes

In your opinion. You're entitled to your opinion, but you're pusng your opinion on others.

-Oliver Wendell Holmes

...Can I point out that, according to your religion, I will burn in hell because I am Wiccan? Some people say that you won't go to hell if you don't believe in God. But being a Witch automatically makes me a demon? Witches don't even believe in a Devil, let alone worship one. Are Witche's Rede is "Harm None". Yet Christians say I will burn in a pit of fire forever. So, to make my point, you are contradicting yourself. 

I hope I haven't offended anyone! Thanks for listening! :)

-Oliver Wendell Holmes

As do I. 

-Oliver Wendell Holmes

musicgirl has a point. If God loves us all, then why am I, a Wiccan, hated and rejected by the majority of Christians? Witches do not believe in a Devil, let alone worship one. The Witch's Rede is "Harm None", so why would all these people hate me for what I believe in? Or, what I don't believe in?

-Oliver Wendell Holmes

This is a really good point!

on Jun. 25 2011 at 1:12 am
Stormcrow BRONZE, Palmdale, California
1 article 1 photo 1 comment

Interesting topic. But I believe the base assertion is a bit faulty. My belief on the matter is that God is the personification of goodness and perfection. And the place he dwells (heaven) reflects that position of perfection. There is no room for the tainting of sin in God's presence. It's undeniable that we have all done things wrong (sinned) on some level or another. It doesn't matter what degree of wickedness we perform, it still breaks our track record so we are no longer perfect. And our imperfection means we cannot dwell in God's presence. 

So you see, goodness is not the relevant factor here. There is no way we can become "good enough" to deserve heaven. So God offers the alternative: believe in the sacrifice I have put to take the punishment for your wrong, so you can be clean and perfect in my sight and be with me in heaven. Many other religions offer great moral fundamentals, but ultimately miss the main point, the neccesity for salvation. Only one religion can be right, but some can be closer than others to the answer. To quote C. S. Lewis: "As in arithmetic--there is only one right answerto a sum, and all other answers are wrong; but some of the wrong answers are much nearer being right than others."

This is just my perspective on things, which I wanted to give because I've grappled with these questions personally. I'm not here to start an argument or anything.

Blessings 

pbez.17 BRONZE said...
pbez.17 BRONZE, Houston, Texas
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

"Look twice before you leap"

Are we? There are so many religions in the world, some very similar, so they must have been created or started at around the same time. also, religon is what sprung up in times of hardship, a common factor in the 3 largest monotheitstic religions of this world, religion was something to cling to in hardship and was built out of "miracles".  People need miracles, and will worship whoever is smart enough to bring them, irrelivant to if they actually happend, peoples theory that they did is often times enough. Remember, many of these sprung up as cults many religions bash now a days.

HarvardFlame BRONZE, Tupper Lake, New York

"I will not eat oysters. I want my food dead. Not sick, not wounded, dead." -Woody Allen

I've read the bible. I didn't know that wearing polyester was a sin.

I've looked around me. I saw a lot of people. I don't know if you know this, but the thoery of evolution has been proven. the people that I see share a common ancestor with great apes.

Please follow your own advice and step out of your room, turn off glenn beck, and put down your bible.

rockyraccoon said...
rockyraccoon, Fort Wayne, Indiana

today tommorow next month next year all look remarkably gray.

Maybe the bible was like the lord of the rings. it could be that the bible was simply a book written by a bored guy to entertain his friends and became popular then over the years misunderstood. Also even if the christian bible is wrong there are still other older faithes to believe in.

heatherlynn said...
i believe in the bible. but i dont fin d that god would reject good people in to his kingdom because the believe differently,, all people are his creation and if some on thinks differently believes differently but is an amazing person and follows the right path, why whould they burn in hell?

A.PaigeTurner, San Antonio, Texas

You think that everybody hates you. You should really stop that.- A Good Friend

I've been reading a few of the comments that say how we don't have any proof on whether or not the Bible is true.  When you are all alone at night and scared and crying and you don't know why, then maybe you'll see that Bible can't be a lie.  If the Bible is a lie, then there is no heaven, and you will never see your deceased loved ones again.  For me God has to exist.  Also, I don't think that all the martyrs in history died for a lie.  I'm sorry but I can't agree with the thought that it isn't true.

ZeeBYoung BRONZE, Coatesville, Pennsylvania

Don't judge a person until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. :)

Why do you say that? What she says actually makes sense, and I agree with her to some extent. We really do have no solid proof, besides a book of stories and passages....

Fluffy2772 said...
Fluffy2772, McDonough, Georgia
Your bible has plenty of hate. It says we should beat children and women are less than men.

R5andParamore BRONZE, Manalapan, New Jersey
It's sad you even think that the bible was made up.

on Jun. 5 2011 at 12:59 am
Contemplator SILVER, Lake Park, Minnesota

There is a rainbow in your mouth! Open it up and show the world.
This is just like ice cream without the cream.
I'm as stiff as a dried out twig in the middle of winter.
Who lit the forest fire; the match, or the man holding the match?

In the sense that it gets people riled up, yeah, its good. In the sense that it is logical and sound, no. Its not very well written. That is just an opinion on the style of writing the author used. Opinions are gold, if you use it.