If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell? | Teen Ink

If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell?

By Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee
Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee

I think that even if you are not christian,you will make it in heaven! How do we know if what the bible says is true? We don't really have a reliable source for that. And just because you are not a follower does not? mean you are not his children.If God truly created us equally, in some way, why would there need to be a reason for going to hell or to heaven? In god's eyes we are his children,and nothing can change that.You shouldn't always trust something you read. I mean how do we know that they are hiding the truth from us with this bible?? How do we know it's not all made up?

I was answering a question on Youtube about this particular topic. It kind of raged me into writing this.

lszyman96 said...
on Jun. 17 2010 at 11:53 am
lszyman96, Romeoville, Illinois

" stay golden ponyboy"
-the outsiders

okay you dont have to believe in the bible but dont diss it..show some respect

BCS248 GOLD said...
BCS248 GOLD, Calgary, Other
okay so the part about just because your not a follower does not mean you one of gods children is true everyone is a child of god but when he created us he gave us a free will the power to choose. thats the difference, yes all people are equal but it's the choices we make that set us apart. I understand that this is just your opinion and i'm not trying to dissuade you from it but please don't go degrading the bible its not right because its sort of like dissing all the people who believe in it

real_as_can_be101 PLATINUM, Mustang, Oklahoma

You can love and hate, but which is more irrate? -unknown

I think you do have a right to your own opinion, but i don't think you should downgrade other people for what they choose to beleive in. There IS a higher power and HIS name IS GOD. Whether we choose to beleive in the bible or not is out own choice, you shouldn't say its a peice of crap (basically) just because you don't believe that this book can be true. and how can one person make a book that over 400,000,000,000 people beleive in and live their lives by without beleiving in god first. when everything comes down to heaven or hell, you make the choice. how you come to make that choice is however you want to do it, there is no wrong or right way. either you love god or you don't. and there are not just Chritians that practice a relig.ion like this, there are other demon.inations. again, the way you choose to go is your own and there is no wrong or right way, but you shouldn't basically say that the bible is fake when so many people live by it. Whether it's real or not, that was just plain out of line.

weirdpeepl BRONZE, Catonsville, Maryland

what's normal?

Wouldn't you mean only one way to the heaven of christianity? Religions, and people, have very many different versions of heaven. Just because any given person doesn't believe in your heaven, doesn't mean they don't believe in theirs. And their religion might not have a heaven, but an equivelent outcome, in their opinion.  Also, and this is just my opinion, I don't believe there will be a time where people have to decide between two ultimatums.

on Jun. 5 2010 at 1:28 am
XxLostxX BRONZE, Viola, Wisconsin

"I guess today my dream became my disease."

I am atheist because so many things went wrong in my life. I don't see why, if there is a God, he would do all of these things to me. I never did anything wrong. It may sound retarded, but there it is.

SunnieGirl SILVER, Forks, Washington

"When life gives you lemons, make orange juice instead. Then sit back and let the world wonder how you do it."
"Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then you'll be a mile away, AND have their shoes!"
"I admore you"...

Hey Everybody,

The Bible does not teach that God will burn people in a Fiery graver for eternity. You many have taught this...but it is NOT what the Bible teaches. Want to know more? talk to me.

SunnieGirl SILVER, Forks, Washington

"I admore you"...

The Bible Does NOT teach that God will burn people in hell. This is not what the Bible teaches. if you want to know more...talk to me.

ImaniA SILVER said...
on Jun. 4 2010 at 11:56 am
ImaniA SILVER, Charlotte, North Carolina

“Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. “

"My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return."

why are you atheist? I sincerely am curious.

ImaniA SILVER said...
on Jun. 4 2010 at 11:55 am

Sorry this was a response to a previous comment :)

ImaniA SILVER said...
on Jun. 4 2010 at 11:36 am

Hi, CJMurph:

To your first comment: Christianity is a condition of the heart. It is based on what you believe not how you act. When you die, your actions don't matter but what you believe stays with you and impacts others. That is what God cares about. He wants you to believe in Him and the only religion that does is Christianity

ImaniA SILVER said...
on Jun. 4 2010 at 11:21 am

Whether you believe in the same things or not. The time is coming where you have to make a choice to live in God's kingdom where there is no pain or suffering OR exist in hell where there will be nothing but that. It is a very lonely scary place to be for all of eternity. You are right there are many religions and people with many beliefs, however, there is only one way to heaven and it's Jesus.

ImaniA SILVER said...
on Jun. 4 2010 at 11:14 am

I don't think God is selfish. I think He loves us too much to let us exist thinking that what we have done wrong in our life is right. 

ImaniA SILVER said...
on Jun. 4 2010 at 11:10 am

Hello. I'm sorry but I don't want you to be misinformed:

Salvation [that is, being saved and going to heaven] is solely based on belief in and reliance on Jesus not good works.

If you're lost try opening up a little and let yourself love the Lord. I promise you will find what you think you are looking for and more.

ImaniA SILVER said...
on Jun. 4 2010 at 10:49 am

Hi, I will try to address all your questions:

The way we know the Bible is true is called faith. Yes we are all the Lord's children and He loves us more than we can fathom, but the Bible (which is the realest guide to life humans have) says that those who do not accept Jesus as their Lord will be cast into a lake of fire. Unfortunately people have forgotten God and his blessings [that he loved us so much that He gave us a choice], that is why there is a heaven and a hell, so the true and faithful believers will be rewarded and the nonbelievers will be punished for rejecting him. We don't like to think about the "wrath of God" but the Lord is a fair one and there are consequences for everything. The only way for anyone to enter heaven is to accept Jesus as Saviour. If you are not Christian and you haven't done this then talk to someone because eternity is a very long time.

Sill_Sitter11 BRONZE, Milan, Ohio

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

OK... Going to heaven is God's present to you for having faith in him and loving him. If you do this then God will reward you. If you read the Bible you would know that God does get mad and angry at us just like humans. But unlike humans he has the sense to forgive us... IF WE ASK HIM! If you don't believe us you will go to Hell. People always think of God as this either totally giving or totally horribly angry. He does get angry but forgives. Believe in him and love him and you will find your way into heaven.

struck-by-llamas, Eureka, California
I am Catholic, and I am perplexed by this question. Even though I know what the Bible says, I have a hard time believing that a God so good would sent anyone to hell. The thought scares me.

Safeleo said...
Safeleo, Iwakuni, Other

"Looking up into the night sky is like looking into infinity - the distance is incomprehensible and therefore meaningless."
-Douglas Adams

I believe that the same God who loves all and frogives all can't be the same God who will dam you to hell if you don't believe it Him. I also believe all religions have some things right but not everyone has the whole picture. post comments on my work.

Safeleo said...
Safeleo, Iwakuni, Other

-Douglas Adams

I think It's not possible for the same God who loves all and frogives all can't be the God who will dam you to hell if you don't believe in him. I believe all religions have some stuff write but not the whole picture. Please post comments on my work.

PurpleFeather BRONZE, Canton, Connecticut

"The pen is mightier than the sword." - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

first of all, this comment was actually in response to another comment; i just pressed the wrong button by accident (whoops!). and second of all, i never said i have a problem with other religions. and i am not ignorant; i DO know about other religions (excklusive of the new age stuff). i don't have a probelm with people who practice other religions; i just don't like it when people degrade my religion (which is Chrisitanity) like the author of this aricle has done  when they know nothing about it. that's all i was trying to say.

BlackKittie SILVER, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
i mean find...not fing