If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell? | Teen Ink

If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell?

By Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee
Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee

I think that even if you are not christian,you will make it in heaven! How do we know if what the bible says is true? We don't really have a reliable source for that. And just because you are not a follower does not? mean you are not his children.If God truly created us equally, in some way, why would there need to be a reason for going to hell or to heaven? In god's eyes we are his children,and nothing can change that.You shouldn't always trust something you read. I mean how do we know that they are hiding the truth from us with this bible?? How do we know it's not all made up?

I was answering a question on Youtube about this particular topic. It kind of raged me into writing this.

EmmaLou35 said...
You don't get into heaven by being good. It's about having a relationship with Christ. Everyone has sinned, wheather its sealing apeice of gum, murdering someone, or even just a thought of jealousy. In God's eyes, any sin and every sin is equal. There are no good people and bad people, just people who choose to let Christ into their lives and people who don't. Even while you're a Christion we still all fail. It's how humans are. But once we ask God for forgiveness and trust and love Him with all we got, he looks past our sins and sees us as pure. Because God loves us all sooooo much

EmmaLou35 said...
God judges your heart, but because of the sacrifice Christ made, if you ask for God's forgiveness, He instantly looks past all you've done wrong physically and in your heart. He sees you as new, born again, and made pure.

EmmaLou35 said...
Psalms3:5 "Trust in The Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding," If I were to base what I currently understand about the world and God, I would be on the same page as you. A lot of people get caught up in trying to make sense of what God does but we never can. because Hes is God, we're  not, and He's in control. Yes, God loves everyone and has created all of us with love, but we also all turn away from Him. When Jesus, his son, died painfully, He recieved all wrath and punnishment from God that we deserve. Justs so we could have a relaationship with God (best loves story. Ever.) So before that, peopl had to earn their way back into God's kingdom with sacrifice, but since Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice, we can all get a free rife to heaven IF we come to know Jesus personally through prayer and reading scriptures. When we die, God sees all the times we turn away from Him, but Jesus is like "it's ok theyre with me." So really, just being a Christian gets you no where. I know plenty "Christians" who do not have personal relationships with Christ. It's about having a relationship with Christ who frees you from your sins and TUSTING God instead of trusting your own understanding. God loves YOU and wants to know YOU closer and then spend eternity with YOU.

transparantspirit434 PLATINUM, Farmington, New Mexico

I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. -Hebrews 13:5

I think it is interesting how many comments this post has gotten. It is a sensitive subject, somewhere I probably have no right to add my opinion. But can I just say; Yes, I get where you are going. I used to not be a Christian. I was not raised into the faith like a lot of people. I try not to label myself as a "righteous one of God", though I belive in Him and have developed a relationship with Him full heartedly. There is a point in the Christian belief and faith and the thoughts and reasonings of humans that get tangled up with each other. The two often disagree when you simply hear people taking about it or when you read it in the bible for the first time. I think it strikes us all, making us ponder the question; Why would an all-loving God do something like this? Here's the thing- we may never know. I have found that I am now the Christian that I assumed I would never be. I really don't mean to boast; just show you my point of view. I like to see it as this; God understands why some people don't make it into heaven. God has a power we can try to wrap our heads around, but may never understand. But we also know this for certain; God is good. God is justified. He is loving. He is one hundred percent right. So if somebody doesn't make it into heaven? We may never know why, but God has a leginimate, good reason. It's so hard to trust, I know. If you do not understand the faith, it sounds pathetic. Before I discovered God, I was pondering the same question. I still ponder it. I think everyone ponders it. But I can assure you; I think I have learned from God to just... trust that whatever the reason, it is good.  And as for how do we know that the bible is real? Well... how does a man who has never been to Asia know that it exists, just by what people tell him? The same way we know the bible is real; a faith that we can rely upon. Okay, just my opinion. Feel free to argue. I'm cool with that. But honestly- I get where you are coming from, and that is what I know.

pan1c BRONZE said...
pan1c BRONZE, New London, Connecticut
Um...I'm personally atheist but I think the way you stated this issue was not in the best light and it could have been better written and edited. I respect religion; just because I don't believe in God does not mean that it is wrong to have faith. I think you're generalizing the Bible and Christianity. Maybe work on this more?

Elanelane07 said...
Elanelane07, Gainesville, Florida
Hi. Shut up. You don't get to decide that.

TimexxFlies GOLD, Sunland, California

I don't know the key to success. However, the key to failure is trying to please everybody. ~Bill Cosby

And I really don't like when people say "Oh the Bible's not true" but they pick and choose things form the Bible that they like. "The Bible says don't judge!!!" "But remember, the Bible's not true!!!" Can't stand it.....

TimexxFlies GOLD, Sunland, California

Wow. I really like what you said there!!! We have to have absolutes!

TimexxFlies GOLD, Sunland, California

I've heard this before, and you really need to study the Bible, including all religions... and then make your choice. And while you're saying "How do we know the Bible is true?" I'm saying "How do we know your article is true?" May God bless you and show you his love. I hope someone can get these thoughts out of you before it's too late.

ElsyM GOLD said...
ElsyM GOLD, Conway, Arkansas

"Carpe diem"

Okay, so just my opinion. God gave us a choice after the fall of Satan. He only wants the best for us, but if we keep on falling into sin without repentance (and he hates sin as only those willing to follow him can be in heaven), then we fall through. I think there is much less consequence for those who have never heard of Christ and had no choice to learn about him.   We don't know if it's all made-up. What if the Koran was real, or the ancient Buddhist or Greek myths? But we have to TRUST. Besides, there have been more stories of people having a Christian encounter than for any other religion. If you don't trust the Bible, then, according to Christianity, you don't believe in God. Same goes for any other religion. Would you be considered a Hindu if you didn't believe/trust what the legends say? NO.   I'm not trying to be a "religious nut", but I can't stand it without replying to your questions. 

pgarcia1222 BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois

"What's meant to be... will always find it's way."

@JoselynWrites God bless you! I agree with you, but God loves sinners, but hates sin.

pgarcia1222 BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois

@infinity12 I agree with you, but the Bible was written by God's men, who were leaded by the Holy Spirit.

pgarcia1222 BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois

Hi. God bless you! I am a christian and I just like to tell you that the Bible is all facts and that,if you do not believe in Him and do what His words says, then there will be consequences.

infinity: The purpose of Jesus dying on the cross is to save us from our sins. We can not obey God's law perfectly because we are not perfect. Jesus saved us from impeding doom by dying on the cross.   Yes, when we ask Jesus to forgive us of our sins, we must repent of our old life style. But this, by itself, will never get us to heaven. Only by the mercy and grace of God.

Crystalvalen BRONZE, Fort Walton Beach, Florida
According to Catholic doctrine, everyone is given a shot at Heaven. If someone is educated in the Christian faith and denies it anyway, that is the only way they are barred from Heaven. However, if a person never has a chance to hear about or correctly understand the faith, they may eventually reach Heaven, so long as they have tried to live a good life according to the faith they have grown up with. That's a part of God's Grace and Love.

Dr_Roxx1574 BRONZE, Icetown, Other

'I Refuse To Surrender' Time Is Running Out-Papa Roach

i agree, you sound very philosopical there i like that

justapen said...
justapen, North Haven, Connecticut
I agree. Not everyone gets into heaven simply because you accept god and because he loves you. There's so much more to be accepted into heaven than that. You must follow God's word and laws and your heart must be pure and good for him. But ultimately only god knows who will be accepted into heaven.

justapen said...
justapen, North Haven, Connecticut
I think no one can decide who goes to heaven or hell. But, although the bible was written by men, I think there is a lot of truth in it. So, I don't believe that everyone goes to heaven. God doesn't simply accept you into heaven by you just accepting him. He judges your heart, that I know. There are several scriptures that talk about God judging your heart. But we, as humans, do not know who rightfully deserves to go to heaven and who doesn't.

nelehjr DIAMOND, Lingle, Wyoming

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

The various type-os make it hard to see your opinions.

NormaPresley said...
NormaPresley, Toledo, Iowa

This too.

Exactly. To get into Heaven, the bible says that we just have to accept God. But what about all the murderers and rapists who say that God is their saviour? Why should they be able to make it into to Heaven when someone who has never known God, or has seen the horrible things that people do in the name of Him? The system of getting into Heaven is flawed, and so long as you're a good person and felt bad for things you did wrong and tried to right them as best you could, you should be able to get into Heaven, or some sort of personal 'good' afterlife.