To Flood or Not To Flood | Teen Ink

To Flood or Not To Flood

By MyTeacherMadeMeDoIt PLATINUM, Grand Haven, Michigan
MyTeacherMadeMeDoIt PLATINUM, Grand Haven, Michigan

I dream of a world where chickens are free to cross the rode without their motives being questioned. (A friend)

Genesis chapter 6-9 through my words for you to understand: Just imagine you’re sitting at home with your wife and three sons, when a booming voice from heaven tells you: “Noah, I am sending a flood to wipe out all living things, but I have decided to spare you and your family,” the voice (God) commands you to build an ark, and then bring two of every animal with you. You are shocked, but do what God says. You begin construction on the ark despite the fact that your neighbors think you are a crazy buffoon. And so the flood came. You load up the ark with you and your family safely inside. It rains in buckets and the water starts to rise. You want to shout down to your frighten neighbors “HAHA SUCKERS WISH YOU WOULD’VE LISTEN TO ME NOW, HUH?” but you don’t instead you bring your family together and pray for their souls and thank God for saving yours. This is the TRUE story of Noah and the flood. The most important part of the story is a simple sentence “And so the flood came,” this phrase is hard for many people to grasp. The flood was so many, many years ago, how do we know for sure? Well, the great flood in the Christian Bible really happened.
One example for why I feel this way is that there is actual scientific proof that the flood happened. During the 1920s, Sir Charles Wooley, a British archaeologist was working in Tell al-Muqayyer, in the area of Ur in Mesopotamia, when he made a startling discovery. He had been digging long vertical shafts in the ancient city. As he expected there was layer after layer of evidence for human life such as pottery, remnants of graves and rubble. Suddenly it all turned to a layer of pure clay that continued for approximately 10 feet. Such an abrupt deep layer of clay far above the level of ancient Euphrates Rivers was very unusual. This indicated a massive flood such as the one in the Christian Bible.
Additionally scientists have found baleen (whale bones) fossilized, vertically in a diatomaceous earth quarry, soft crumbly deposit formed from fossil remains of alga. A worldwide flood could provide random, uncommon, distribution like this. Bones of whales have been found 440ft above sea level north of Lake Ontario. Whale fossils were also found in Vermont (500ft above sea level) and the Montreal-Quebec area (600ft above sea level). You can find seashells, and other marine fossils in mountains around the world including the Sierras, the Swiss Alps, the Himalayas, and a lot more.
On the contrary side some people might ask, “If the flood DID happen and Noah DID build the ark where is it?” The answer is broken down and buried by snow. According to many different scientists the mountains of Ararat in southern Armenia, between the Black and Caspian seas, are holding these remains. One of the 2 mountain peaks is 14,300ft tall and covered in snow year round. That is where the wreckage is. There have been many sightings of the remnants and pieces found of a large boat (the ark). Here are some different accounts… during the First World War, a Russian flying officer named Roskowitzki said to have seen the “wreckage of a fair sized ship” near the south side of Mount Ararat. In 1955, Fernand Navarra of France discovered 3 pieces of a wooden beam buried in solid ice on Mount Ararat. Some testing indicated that the pieces were over 5,000 years old. Wooden ship… top of the mountain… it all fits and makes total sense!
In conclusion this massive flood from the Christian Bible really happened. There is way more evidence then just what I have said in this essay. Don’t believe me? Find out for yourself.
The great flood… fact or fiction?
FACT!!

I wrote this because my teacher told me to. I chose this topic because I knew it was different and hoped to raise some awareness of christianity.

oh thats awesome makes my work worth it

22Rebekah said...
lol :) well i hope you got an A. i really like this im going to print it and take it to church with me lol

Thanks that was my goal... also not to get a F on this paper for school. :D

22Rebekah said...
I like this. this is one of those things that show people God is real! very good job. we need it sometimes.