Jesus who? | Teen Ink

Jesus who?

By fiction77 BRONZE, St. John&#39s, Other
fiction77 BRONZE, St. John&#39s, Other

Lionel Hutz: This is the greatest case of false advertising I’ve seen since I sued the end of the movie “The Never Ending Story.”

The Darwin awards or the Bibile? Creationism or Evolution? Which book does modern youth enjoy more? Which theory do they believe in and respect? Modern youth are following a general trend toward science and technology and away from the holy trinity. The technology wave has created things such as the ipod and insulin whereas religion, more specifically the Chatholic church, has remained obsolete and has not evolved from what it once was. Science has also answered age old questions that religioned never dared fathom such as the history of the world and the human genetic code. Religion is based on the fact that an omnipotent and benevolent being is watching over us and knows the answers to everything in the world. Science has proved the existance of DNA whereas Catholics are content to believe in God, who is debatably a fictional character. Youth of our era would rather spend a morning in front of the computer then in church. Is this a bad thing?
Although science has advanced our society beyong imagine it is also the source of most of our trouble. Science has devided the world. Everhyone is connected but only a rare few are really together. Today's generation comunicates through email and electronics whereas religion promotes unity in person. Science has ripped nations apart with the creation of weapons whereas religion promotes the old saying : do unto others as you would have them do unto you. The Catholic church promotes faith and accountability towards God. Science promotes progress with an optional consideration for ethics and morals. Science is cool and dangerous. Religion is old and boring. Youth love science and find religion dull. Can you blame them?

I'm reading the book Angels and Demons by Dan Brown and there is a strong religion vs science undertone. This prompted me to write this.

SATAN4LIFE BRONZE, Waterboro, Maine

"FRIDAY, FRIDAY, GOTTA GET DOWN ON FRIDAY" - Rebecca Black

When you think about how infinitely large the universe is, 1 in 2 trillion is not that bad odds.

SATAN4LIFE BRONZE, Waterboro, Maine

The problem with religion is that no matter what argument you put on the table they can just say "God works in mysterious ways". You can give up, she wants to be left in the dark, and that's where she'll stay forever.

tuasony said...
you are right. Im a christ follower

Obviously you don't know what your talking about. First of all science doesn't PROVE anything, and there are alot of christian scientists. I, for one love science and christianity, and they do go together. You have a very poor arguement. Anyone who knows what they were talking about can see that.

You talk as if religion and science dont agree with each other. It can and if you read the Bible, it does. Teens nowaday would probably want to stay and play on the computer. But some are willing to spend some time with God.

Owning droids doesnt mean rejecting God. Loving science doesnt mean God is a myth. If you research what the bible has to say about science, youll know it is quite the opposite.

blues_are.still_blue BRONZE, Southampton, Pennsylvania

This sentence is false.
- Unknown

And since you ignored my question on the fact that you have no grounds for claiming the properties of God, i'll let the records show that i won that one.

This sentence is false.
- Unknown

Also, you're wrong on that last comment. There IS something you can say that would change my opinion. You could use valid sources for evidence rather than relying on emotional (and demonstrably false) appeals.

This sentence is false.
- Unknown

Testimony to you =/= Actual evidence

This sentence is false.
- Unknown

I don't care what he needs. Your argument had no proof and you haven't given proof of why i'm wrong. If you don't always understand him then how do you DARE speculate on his properties?

This sentence is false.
- Unknown

I don't care what he needs. Your argument had no proof and you haven't given evidence why i'm wrong. If you don't always understand him then how do you dare speculate on his properties?

This sentence is false.
- Unknown

I don't care what he needs. Your argument had no proof and you haven't offered evidence why i'm wrong. If you don't always understand him, then how do you dare speculate on his properties?

This sentence is false.
- Unknown

I don't care what he needs. Your argument had no proof and you haven't specified why i'm wrong. If you don't always understand him, then how can you even dare to speculate on his properties?

This sentence is false.
- Unknown

I don't care what "God" needs. Your argument had no solid proof to back it up, and you STILL haven't even offered ONE PIECE of evidence as to why i'm wrong an why my argument isn't sound.

This sentence is false.
- Unknown

I don't care what "God" needs. Your argument had no solid proof to back it up, and you STILL haven't even offered ONE PIECE of evidence as to why i'm wrong an why my argument isn't sound. If you don't always understand him, then how can you even dare to speculate on his properties?

This sentence is false.
- Unknown

Exactly what evidence do you have to make the ludicrous suggestion that Intelligent Design has merit?

This sentence is false.
- Unknown

I wasn't referring to "sway" in the sense that you want to convert me or anything; i was referring to in in the sense that what you're saying isn't a sound argument and that it doesn't have the logic to back you up.

This sentence is false.
- Unknown

And as for your appeals to "god" and his "light", that won't get you much sway from an atheist.

This sentence is false.
- Unknown

Also, we both know that that's not what i meant about the research comment, so no thank you, i'd actually like to stay on topic. You said that you find science dull. then you said that people should research before they make generalizations. Are you telling me that saying "science is dull" isn't an unresearched generalization?

This sentence is false.
- Unknown

As for your fixation on the age thing, we're the same age. And I don't fully agree with you. I agree that ignorance is more prominent in younger people, but my comment was that one doesn't have to be older to SPOT ignorance.

This sentence is false.
- Unknown

And your preference to be in the dark doesn't change the fact that it is self-imposed ignorance of the facts. All of your "i <3 god" crap doesn't really hold much sway with an atheist. In fact, the way i see it, it's more of a display of a lack of critical thinking.