I don't know what to do | Teen Ink

I don't know what to do

By Iamonlyhuman SILVER, Spring Valley, Illinois
Iamonlyhuman SILVER, Spring Valley, Illinois

Most of my life I was raised Catholic, but my family was never practicing. I wondered what was right until now. I was saved by Jesus Christ at age nine. I was always told what was right and what was wrong, especially with religion. I was told that being a Christian was right but then I was told it was not the correct religion. All I know it's the relationship with Jesus, even now I am told what is the right religion.
Then last March my mother stopped going to the Christian church we went to after a bad fight with my aunt.Then her brother told her to go to her church, which was Catholic, I was told that was the right religion. My family confused me with it, I wondered why my family would make something so beautiful into something that would cause fights between us.I don't know what to do anymore and have strayed from God. I want to know what is right but I don't know if I ever will.

Lord God lets us live our lives the way we want too. If He chose to not give us free will everything would be righteous. But God did give us free will. Adam and Eve sinned, we are sinners. Born sinners but we don't have to die sinners. Sin leads to war. It's the way it works. The world will be like this until we are finally restored to our Maker(God). But God wants you, He loves you. He wants you to love Him back. Look outside, you can surely tell that God is real, people's hearts are ugly but the creation that God made isn't. God makes our hearts beautiful and He made nature beautiful. God be with you. He loves you so much. He always will. He longs for the day when you come to him.

Erecura PLATINUM, Eugene, Oregon

"Hell is empty; all the devils are here."
The tempest

I don't believe in god, but sometimes I wonder if I do. I'm really confused a lot. I mean, how could he let stuff like war happen? But people who believe sort of seeem so self assured, like they have faith that things will work out. So, I really don't know what I belive. 

sweetly_broken GOLD, Garner, North Carolina

We never know how big we are until we are asked to rise.

no problem. :) keep your head up!

:)... I'm not alone from straying. And thx for the songs.

It's only human to stray from G.od at some point or the other. I became a believer at ten and for a couple months this year I thought I was done. In my opinion, and I think you touched on this, Go.d doesn't want religion from us. He wants a relationship through his son, who died a painful death and went to he.ll to pay for our sins. It's about a relationship that's real and personal, and forgiving, no matter how many times you lose your way. Just try pra.ying every day, even though at first it might seem like you're talking to the wall or talking to yourself or something. Talk to mature Chris.tians about what you're going through- they'll want to listen. And, read your bible, particularly the new testament. Look at what Jes.us said and what he meant by it. But personally, what helped me a lot was listening to Chris.tian music.

Here are my favorites. They're both compelling and comforting.

By your side- tenth avenue north

Love is here- "

How he loves- David Crowder band

Came to My Rescue- Hillsong

You hold me now- "

None but Je.sus "

Hosanna- "

Rescue- Desparation Band

Blessed Redeemer- Casting Crowns

Mercy- "

East to West- "

Can't get away- Rush of Fools

From the Inside Out- Hillsong

Hope this helps in some way or another. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Let me know if you need to talk about anything! :)

~ Kirby